US Presidental Election 2016

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

US Presidental Election 2016

Post by :FI:Genosse » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:25 am

Congratualtions to Mr Trump and his supporters! =D] Good luck, America ... and for the rest of the world! ^:|

Gen "There'll be elections in Germany next year, too?" osse ;)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Moog
Forum Junky

Re: US Presidental Election 2016

Post by :FI:Moog » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:08 am

Read a good one today on Reddit—Bernie Sanders's next campaign slogan: "Hindsight is 2020"... :roll:
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:27 am

I can't believe this is happening :cry:
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:52 am

I was actually expecting Hillary to win. Thank dog she didn't, though I still have serious reservations about anyone else that ran. :(

The only interesting story in the paper was from the "Nationwide" section:
It reported that some whiny little college shyte in Kansas actually filed a robbery report because someone stole a candy bar from his car, then "left a note" in its place. :roll:
To add to the sheer stupidity, the Hershey's Company actually "sent a representative to the campus with 6500 Twix bars". :roll:

REALLY! #-o

This was wrong on so many levels...
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:05 pm

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Blue2
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:56 am

Yep, keeping calm is prudent advice now, as it usually is. Life will go on, and the president is not a dictator here... or not supposed to act like one anyway. Congress has "power of the purse" & other checks & balances, if it plays it role correctly anyway. (Not holding my breath based on recent years though.)

I was no fan of Trump & didn't vote for him in the primary, but I am VERY glad Hillary didn't win. Anyone who has ever served in the military with a security clearance, and for that matter any civilians who have one & pay attention to what they had to sign to get it, must acknowledge that her actions with the email server alone were unquestionably criminal. Anyone outside of D.C., and most within it, would be quickly convicted & jailed for far less serious infractions with classified documents. I'm not talking 'slap on the hand' sentences either. On that basis alone she is unfit to serve as our Commander in Chief. Anyone who believes otherwise is either ignorant of facts on the matter, or is intellectually dishonest. And don't even get me started on Benghazi. Those 2 issues alone are probably the major reason she lost nearly all of the military vote.

As for Trump, I was as irritated as anyone else that he was the only other viable choice. It forced me to do a lot of observing & thinking (i.e. below/beyond the surface level stuff of shooting off his mouth before he thinks, Tweeting idiotic stuff, chasing stupid topics, etc.). He's no saint, and he's got some very obvious flaws. Also what positions he'll stick with is anybody's guess. He already appears to be flipping on some stuff. On the plus side, Pince was a strong VP choice. I think he'll make some more good choices in people to help him. He's also a very good father according to people close to him, which says a lot about anyone. I suspected that watching him with his kids, since it's hard for most people to fake that relationship, and it's even more impressive given the multiple ex wives/mothers. Most people who have worked for him also like Trump, so despite his public idiocy I think he has ability to work well with people - we just haven't seen it publicly yet. And of course there's much more to say both positive & negative.

In the end it was an easy choice for me because Clinton was unacceptable. Contrary to what's being spouted about people who voted for him over her, I am 100% in favor of having a president of either sex, and of any race. I also believe most Americans feel the same - most people I know certainly do. But a person's sex & race are very stupid reasons to choose them for this job... and most other jobs for that matter. A person's qualifications, competence and character are be what matters, and most people know that if they're honest with themselves. In this case our choices both seemed to have pretty big flaws in 2 or 3 of those areas, so it was not pretty. It is what it is as they say. Anyway this guy has huge challenges in front of him and a lot to prove now, thanks to his penchant for "big talk." Interesting days ahead.

*Signed,* another hateful, racist, misogynistic, [fill in other terms of your choice] old (over 50, so yeah I guess) white guy who still fails to "check his privilege" on a daily basis. :D
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:13 pm

For the record I was a Bernie supporter, Trump scares me because he seems like a wild card. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. On the bright side, it seems that he may be less of a war hawk than Hillary was, so I'm hopefully he won't pull a Bush and give us another Iraq.
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:56 pm

Thanks Blue. It seems tinfoil hats weren't needed at the end.

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)