Scam call Centres - IMPORTANT!

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Scam call Centres - IMPORTANT!

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:04 pm

I had a call this morning purporting to be Talk Talk call centre. It sounded very authentic (general background hunun and thick Punjabi accent) and warned of someone trying to use my connection. When I asked my security question, "what's my IP" the caller had no idea what I was talking about and referred me to her supervisor. She also could not answer. At that point I lost my temper as there is no way I would open the requested window without conformation. her response was most unprofessional "son of abitch you need your brain tested!"

I later phoned Talk Talk to complain/ verify and they confirmed thay had made no calls.

Be warned and never remote connect or give out details unless you initiate the call.

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Re: Scam call Centres - IMPORTANT!

Post by :FI:Genosse » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:21 pm

Them sneaky bas**** ... crooks! :shock: :? :lol:
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:28 pm

Glad they didn't get you Sneaky, someone called and try to scam my Mom just a few weeks ago. Told her they were from the IRS and she needed to pay some taxes or go to jail. It was obviously a scam but they had my Mom panicking so she couldn't think straight. They hung up quickly after I confronted them.
:FI:Sacktime
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:10 pm

I too was pestered for awhile from someone claiming to be form Microsoft technical support. They said my computer was infected and they could clear up the error as I had a warranty and I would be getting a $350 refund from Microsoft. Well I said thats all nice but which computer is infected, there reply was the one with Windows OS on, I asked which one as I have two computers, they said the one you recently purchased. I asked again which one, as if it is warranty work they should beable to tell me some details, they became quite beligerent and insisted if I did not get the issue fixed by allowing them access to it, the computer would fail and I would not be entitled to the rebate and the warranty would be void. Which I laughed out load and hung up the phone. The warranty expired 3 years ago.
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:55 am

Gotta love some of these scams. And I just LOVE playing along for awhile till I piss them off.
The best one I got was from someone claiming to be from the Internal Revenue Service. Common enough scam lately. Said I'd not paid enough taxes and asked for my Social # to access my files. Knew right away it was BS (I'd already filed and received my Refund).
So I gave them a phony Social # and let them play their game for awhile. When I got tired of the BS I told them to F*CK OF and COME GET ME!
They hung up on me! How rude! :lol:
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:53 pm

hehehe well done Helo =D]