Flaming Cliffs 3.0 - Online Flying

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Nix
Baby Boardie

Flaming Cliffs 3.0 - Online Flying

Post by :FI:Nix » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:20 pm

Hello guys,

first of all I wasn't on the forums for a long time: probably over 2 years or so. Hope I didn't miss out on too much. :o

Secondly I wanted to ask this: Is anyone interested in flying FC3.0 (DCS World-Flaming Cliffs) modern air combat simulator, online with me?

I am currently flying Russian made ground attack airplane Su-25T which is basically modern day equivalent of the IL-2. Yes it's a flying tank also, but with fancy cockpit displays. It is great fun in destroying ground targets with this bird. It also requires a lot of knowledge, skill, preparation, patience and teamwork, with me basically missing most of these trades and especially the teamwork one, since I fly alone :oops:

On that note if anyone would like to join me in online play, please speak up!
We can arrange some flying sessions and practice.

Hope I don't get banned for this.

Keep in mind, if you fly perfect Defensive BFM and the bandit flies perfect Offensive BFM … "you're gonna die".
"If one flies like a wuss, one dies like a wuss." N. Jovanovic - Nix, Fightin' Irish Squadron, 2011
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Re: Flaming Cliffs 3.0 - Online Flying

Post by :FI:Gadje » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:23 pm

Hi Nix.
Good to hear from you again. Glad you are still online combat flight sim flying. Like many old IL-2 squads we the FI are unwillingly to give up the ghost yet. Perhaps one day we can all fly together in the mother of all sims that brings IL-2 into the next decade. Reality is we are doing various things, some flight sim some not.
However anyone who is anyone makes the Christmas P-11v P-11 shootout last week before Christmas. Whatever changes happen the FI will always turn up for that event (flying the worst plane IL-2 ever modelled right?)

S!
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:42 am

Long time no see for sure ... but anyhow, welcome back to the FI boards, mate!!! :D =D] ^:)

There was a time when some squaddies flew DCS Flaming Cliffs 2 a couple of years ago. I remember flying the SU-25 I had the most fun with although I had some troubles using the targeting computer aboard. After losing Rabitski as a dedicated MiG/Su pilot the rest of us apparently lost their interest into this sim as well.

As far as I know Flaming Cliffs 3 has been offered for a special price of 12 US $ on digitalcombatsimulatior.com. Dunno if I should purchase it, Boris ... :?

As Graham said, if you still have IL-2 installed somewhere try to hop on our X-Mas P11 shooting ... right now, you can meet some FI guys flying RoF or IL-2 BOS here and there nowadays ...

Cheers, Boris! :beer:
^:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:13 am

Ah well, some gave up on FC but I didn't, got FC3 plus the majority of what DCS has to offer. Funnily enough I prefer the SU25T to the A10C, haven't tried the recent releases yet as domestic life is somewhat hectic and my time management needs working on, a three year old can sorely test you.

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
Baby Boardie

Post by :FI:Nix » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:11 pm

Boris?! Lol, glad to see that the same athmosphere is present to this day. :badgrin:
I wont be joining you guys for x-mass flying since I am on well deserved hollidays: they'we been grinidng my arse down past couple of months. I do have a new rig and can't wait to test it on good ol' il-2.

I am always up for cooperative flying so if you guys decide to join me in this new age flying, I am more than interested. @genoose: I thing u should def. get FC 3, its worth the money. I did become proficient with 25 series, so no problem with programming. @ardmore: I can understand the no time situation, I dont have a kid and have barely time to fly.

P.S. I still go to irish pubs ;)

Keep in mind, if you fly perfect Defensive BFM and the bandit flies perfect Offensive BFM … "you're gonna die".
"If one flies like a wuss, one dies like a wuss." N. Jovanovic - Nix, Fightin' Irish Squadron, 2011
Baby Boardie

Post by :FI:Nix » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:22 pm

:FI:Ardmore wrote:Ah well, some gave up on FC but I didn't, got FC3 plus the majority of what DCS has to offer. Funnily enough I prefer the SU25T to the A10C, haven't tried the recent releases yet as domestic life is somewhat hectic and my time management needs working on, a three year old can sorely test you.
Vin
Lemme know if you find some spare time inthe future, perhaps we can ogranize somethin', perhaps then these old geezers join us ;)

:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:39 pm

I shot a copy of FC3 on Steam for 9,24 € lately ... I just need to get my settings sorted ...

Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Rambo
Professional Boardie

Post by :FI:Rambo » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:51 am

I did the same genosse although I don't have the time to fly all of these games I will eventually get around to it
Baby Boardie

Post by :FI:Nix » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:37 pm

:FI:Genosse wrote:I shot a copy of FC3 on Steam for 9,24 € lately ... I just need to get my settings sorted ...

Just read this today. Tried to send you a PM, but I dunno if it was sent. Let me know if your interested in flying together.