Building/Buying a new pc

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Building/Buying a new pc

Post by :FI:Armitage » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:42 pm

So I'd like to build/buy a gaming PC for around the 800e mark. (Might be able to stretch it a little bit).

I'd be running Battlefield 3, Rise of Flight, Civ 5, Elite:Dangerous (when it is released!) the new Sim City.

Would also be doing some coding (C#, Visual Studio 2012 and 2012).

Was thinking of something along the lines of :

http://www.hardwareversand.de/Intel/....article?lid=1

I need dual monitor support and two new monitors (currently have a very old single flat panel, with a lot of dead spots so time to upgrade).

Any recommendations on two monitors?

I'd also like Windows 7 64Bit ultimate.

Any suggestions/recommendations/other sites etc?

I'm hoping to purchase in the next 7 days before the money is spent on something els
:FI:Wolfhound
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Re: Building/Buying a new pc

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:54 pm

Dont buy anything over the net, because you will have to give them your address
"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Re: Building/Buying a new pc

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:23 pm

You might want to check the options here for an off the shelf or custom system.
i5/7 is recommended for multithreading apps, though the AMD alternative performs well. The AMD10-5800k A{U graphics will handle things though I get best results with onboard disabled and 7870 driving 2 monitors. Speaking of which I have ASUS VE247H as main and can be found for around £100. 2nd is just a £20 charity shop deal iiyama LCD(LCD not so good as the viewing angle is limited).
W7 64 Pro is good for most things check here to see what you need

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu ... =FS-247-OE

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu ... ubcat=2485

Got this AMD A10-5800K 3.80GHz @ 4.40GHz DDR3 2133MHz System in December and quite happy with overall performance. Runs supercool too.
Reviewed by: Don X (London)

I needed a replacement rig for Flight sims and GW2. This fitted the bill and on a budget.
GW2 runs as well as it ever did (in spite of the 14/12/12 patch).
The on-board Graphics (3x AMD7660) run IL2(HSFX) well, though CloD ticks over around 10-23fps
Windows Experience Index rating 6.9 (8800 gives 6.8 )
WEI rates MSI N460 GTX Hawk @ 7.5, and installing this card gives acceptable fps on Cliffs and Il2.
(WEI for Nvidia7870 was 7.9 = max)

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)