Hello Lads

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:ZekeMan
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Hello Lads

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:26 pm

Thought I'd drop in and give a hello. So what is the Irish up to these days? Fav games/sims? Still have Il-2 on my puter but I seldom play it anymore. Rise of Flight I just could never get in to for whatever reason. Since time is pretty limited anymore, I play what can be done quickly; some BF2, Men At War, and occasionally some Darkest Hour. I've been considering getting Heroes of Stalingrad now that they've added some more tanks and such and since its been on sale.

At any rate, just wanted to give you guys a shout out. Carry on.

Z

We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence upon those that would do us harm... James Orwell
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Re: Hello Lads

Post by :FI:Genosse » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:55 pm

Hey, Zeke!

Welcome back on the boards, mate. :D

I for myself am also pretty busy with real life issues so I don't have the time to get that often online as I used to do. First things first, I suppose. :?

As far as I can tell the most of us are still into flight sims as IL-2 + HSFX mods, RoF or Cliffs of Dover. Talking of FPS some mates play BF3 or ARMA2...

But this is just from my point of view, Z. We still do fly the sims on a regular base on Sundays and Wednesdays just in case you like to join us again. :D

Cheers, Z! ^:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:16 pm

Ah life....yeah it can get in the way of the finer things. I am still working two jobs, full time at the medical center at night (which puts the kabosh on any sim flying during the week) and part time during the day at a local gun range/shop. Napoleon Total War and Empire Total War are the two games I'm presently hooked on when I have the time. I'd urge you guys to at least check out the demos on Steam. Very cool games. Each has the capability of having drop in human players to take the place of the AI during crucial battles.

Sunday nights....hmmmmmm. 9 or 10 hours difference between you guys and the Pacific Coast of the US? HSFX 6.0? Think I have that one, will have to double check. Stranger things have happened. Perhaps you will find me on your wing some day.

Z

We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence upon those that would do us harm... James Orwell
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:43 am

Please Z, as if no one plays TW games here. [-X Played every title since RTW for hours (and hours :-$ ). Looking forward to the new Rome coming next year. While not my favourite era, Shogun 2 is very well done. Glad you are enjoying Napoleon and Empire.

TS!
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:26 am

My son and I just DL'd Heroes of Stalingrad. Vast improvement over Red Orchestra with the exception of there is not enough tanks. For $19.95 tho, a pretty good buy.