Membership reqest

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
MajorMayhem
Beginner

Membership reqest

Post by MajorMayhem » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:01 am

Hello to all. I would like to apply for membership with your sqadron. I,ve been flying primarily il2 for the past 3 years and also have some stick time with rof, flaming cliffs 2 and dcs black shark. If welcomed I,d look foward to meeting with you all for a chat on ts3. I love flight simming and l,m looking for a nice bunch of folks to fly with. I,ve done some skinning for both il2 and rof, some mission building and a fair bit of hosting so hopefully I can help out if and when needed. Thanks for your time and hope to hear back from you all soon. I,m typing this on my phone with my sausage like fingers so please forgive any typos. Thanks again.
:FI:McBiggles
Forum Junky

Re: Membership reqest

Post by :FI:McBiggles » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:27 pm

Ah, Major, did they send you down from Group? Never mind. Glad they sent an officer, I've been onto them for quite some time to get more discipline in here. This lot really need taken to task I can assure you. Far to lax if you ask me. Lemmings going off a cliff are better organized. Put your things over there, no mess orderlies I'm afraid, I think they've eaten the last two, no idea what happened to them. Anyway look I'll see about getting this lot together and you can judge for yourself. A Major! I can't believe it, just wait until you see the look on the faces of these...what's that? You're not a Major?
It's a name...
right...stay here.
Someone will be along.

!!FRANK!!
Being Irish, he had an abiding sence of tragedy, which sustained him, through temporary periods of joy.
W.B. Yeats
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:41 pm

Dear major,

Sorry for the lack of replies. Admin is backed up like an Octagenarian without prunes with membership requests.

If you are a flyer and like IL2 (we are on HSFX 6 or the latest 'official version') or a mud mover and like BF3 or Iron Front you might be in the right place. To really fit the bill you will need to be,....well, slightly eccentric, a bit 'I love sheep', a bit 'hell yes, wainscotting is my thing' , etc, etc.

If you have 'The right stuff' you will find ( in my humble opinion) a great bunch of lads who will all welcome you and if you stick around you never know, you might even get the opportunity to taste Vinny's brothers sausage....ahem..... (sorry Adrian)

You will need the Teamspeak settings, and from there someone (even me) will talk you through. FRANNNNK! (what do we do with a new member again ????)

S~
Last edited by :FI:Scott on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:43 pm

S**t, we fly RoF as well.
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:22 am

MajorMayhem wrote:Hello to all. I would like to apply for membership with your sqadron. I,ve been flying primarily il2 for the past 3 years and also have some stick time with rof, flaming cliffs 2 and dcs black shark. If welcomed I,d look foward to meeting with you all for a chat on ts3. I love flight simming and l,m looking for a nice bunch of folks to fly with. I,ve done some skinning for both il2 and rof, some mission building and a fair bit of hosting so hopefully I can help out if and when needed. Thanks for your time and hope to hear back from you all soon. I,m typing this on my phone with my sausage like fingers so please forgive any typos. Thanks again.
Hello, MM!

First of all feel yourself welcomed back again. :)

All you need to do is to get online with us (as Scott already mentioned it) and check out if you like to fly, die and chat with us. After a number of some meetings we - the FIS members - will ask ourselves if you could fit into the squad or not (most of the aspirants do so ... in most cases we scare them away). I remember seeing you on our TS server already. So join us tonight for flying some IL-2 (HSFX 6.0) missions and try to find out what bunch of bastards we actually are ... ;)

Catch you tonight, MM!

^:)

PS: Sorry for not being online, folks! I've been busy with life 'n stuff ... ;)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
MajorMayhem
Beginner

Post by MajorMayhem » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:47 am

If I may ask, what time do most of you meet online gmt. I,m -5 and work 3rd shift so weekdays we may not cross paths much but weekend for sure I think will talk more. How's Friday Saturday and sundays for you all?
:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:35 pm

We are online most Sundays from 07:15pm onwards.

There is some active with the "Yankie" Fighting Irish on Friday nights maybe 02:00am onwards.

There are normally people on Teamspeak most evenings from 06:30pm onwards.

Call in and we will give you a hand getting setup.

All those times are Irish.
MajorMayhem
Beginner

Post by MajorMayhem » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:47 am

Ah irish times, they are some of the best.;-)