Post-4.09 patches, A.D.

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:Wolfhound
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Re: Post-4.09 patches, A.D.

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:34 pm

Eamonn
Last edited by :FI:Wolfhound on Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:36 pm

eamonn 1.12 for zuti , 1.11 been updated to 1,12,whereas 1.13 is not configured properly yet for HSFX
"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:54 pm

I guess I am a bit slow. Can't find a link for 1.12. Have one for 1.13 and prior 1.12 just missing 1.12
:FI:Airway
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:33 pm

:FI:Airway wrote:As I mentioned last sunday in the Comms.

Wouldn't it be easier to recommend Ultrapack for future switchings or new users?

I would do that, because Ultrapack in it's most recent version has an auto updater to stay updated instead of searching and installing patches for the modpack.
Reason 2 I would recommend Ultrapack for is the content. It has Ultrapack 2.11 included as it has also HSFX included and you can switch between both.
And as it's alway up to date, it has always all modpacks with it. And not to forget the 4.09 unmodded version to switch to if wanted.
So it has all Moving dogfight mods on board. 1.1, 1.11, 1.12, 1.13.
No need ever to search and install a MDS Mod or any else.

I know it's all to much for some of you guys but I realy thing it is easier for us all in the end, and especially not consuming as much time on the precious sundays to sort out things as the last times. And that is annoying not only for me I heard the sighing on the comms after 45 minutes :|

Please think over it, and please don't only think about it from your own point of view. Think for us all ;)
Image ImageImage
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:37 pm

:FI:Airway wrote:
:FI:Airway wrote:As I mentioned last sunday in the Comms.

Wouldn't it be easier to recommend Ultrapack for future switchings or new users?

I would do that, because Ultrapack in it's most recent version has an auto updater to stay updated instead of searching and installing patches for the modpack.
Reason 2 I would recommend Ultrapack for is the content. It has Ultrapack 2.11 included as it has also HSFX included and you can switch between both.
And as it's alway up to date, it has always all modpacks with it. And not to forget the 4.09 unmodded version to switch to if wanted.
So it has all Moving dogfight mods on board. 1.1, 1.11, 1.12, 1.13.
No need ever to search and install a MDS Mod or any else.

I know it's all to much for some of you guys but I realy thing it is easier for us all in the end, and especially not consuming as much time on the precious sundays to sort out things as the last times. And that is annoying not only for me I heard the sighing on the comms after 45 minutes :|

Please think over it, and please don't only think about it from your own point of view. Think for us all ;)
Would you repeat this for me again, Marco? :lol: ;)

As you know I´m also using the UP. I really appreciated its update routine which keeps the UP installation on the latest state-of-modding-art. Well, the crowd has decided to go HSFX then let it go ... :)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Airway
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:42 pm

You have HSFX inside of UP and thats the trick.

Only one file instead of this sillyupdatebatchabillywarning from pure hsfx wich isnt maintained :?: . :|
Image ImageImage
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

About last Sunday (Septmeber 26th, 2010)

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:43 am

Folks!

Summarizing the events on the 352nd CC map lately think we should better stick to CanonUK´s BOB map the next time we want to some cross channel actions. Of course I´m aware of the fact that it doesn´t come along with an 1:1 scale and therefore it´s not suitable for mission buidling with a historical attitude. Yet regarding what issues we came across yesterday (mission loading errors due to corrupted map installation, no clear visible landmarks like cities with buidlings or forrests, IMHO too huge+resource hungry map) I´m afraid that some of us won´t be able to join the server/mission nor to accomplish the mission´s objectives. Maybe it´s just me encountering those inconviniences so I´d like to know how you think about those two different maps ...

Any thoughts, chaps?

:?:
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:17 pm

Agreed, also the lag was awful last night,dunno if that was due to the map though #-o

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:20 pm

I don't understand the issues COM is having and I'll never understand the problems Wolfhound once had and what Pete seems to be having now, but in one way or another this map seems to be a common point. Let's keep working on the problem with a co-op or df attempt on the 353 map every now and then, but if it stops even one member/established guest from joining, then let's keep our main Sunday and Wednesday sessions based on proven maps.

n'kay?

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:McBiggles
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:McBiggles » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:12 pm

I know abit about this map. Murph is the man however to talk to. I had a damned difficult time getting it to go. He has a thread about it somewhere around here. I believe it wasn't intended to be viewed from the typical altitude we fly at. So that's why there isn't much to look at during a brief plummet to earth. I can't be sure but I think it was for bomber types. Anyway the scale of 1/1 compared to Canons is a difference of flight times to go to the same place...the 353 map requires, at 300 knots say, an additional five minutes or so to go the same 'distance' on Canons map, which is far nicer if you ask me. I do like the 1/1 thingie, but it does take longer for things to happen. With a dogfight and Zuti 1.2 on you can scramble two or three times after the same incoming raid. I have noticed however more lag than usual when we use it as opposed to Canons...don't know, funny things maps.
Great Granddad led an expedition to map this place ages ago. I was just a boy, but I remember the excitement just before they set off. The halls were jammed full of gear, pack animals in the the ballroom, bearers roaming around looking for things to carry. The Old Boy was getting together some old charts his Granddad had done, hoping they would come in handy. I'll never forget the day they all set off down the Grand Hall. The skirl of the pipes. Two hundred ferocious looking Gurkhas, it was the Old Boys house, but some parts hadn't heard a McBiggles footfall in ages, it paid to be ready for anything. It took an awfully long time for them all to pass the reviewing stands which had been set up outside one of the loos...Some of us children tried to keep up but they were setting a brisk pace down the long hall rugs toward a very very small dark square at the far end. We tired soon and had to stop, we just couldn't keep up. The pipes faded into the distance along with the light of the torches. I remember every know and then the report of large revolvers...Great Granddad never stopped for the injured. We children slowly made our way back down the darkened hall to GranGran only because I'd thought to leave a trail of Smarties in the wake of the procession. This came in handy later at school as a way to lur...anyway, after and hour or so we could make out some of the lights near the front door and people milling around, cleaning up after the animals that sort o thing. What? Well they sent runners back every couple of days so Gran and all wouldn't worry But they got fewer and farther between, and then just stopped. Gran sent out parties to search for them. When I got older I went on two or three, but we never saw any of them again...
Last edited by :FI:McBiggles on Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sence of tragedy, which sustained him, through temporary periods of joy.
W.B. Yeats
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:47 am

Reason # 238 why the world should be smaller.

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:47 am

You all want to be flying up the Slot anyway, lovely long flights, nice scenery and a death worthy of entrance to Valhalla.

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss