Windows 10

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:McBiggles
Forum Junky

Re: Windows 10

Post by :FI:McBiggles » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:04 pm

Excellent. I rarely get the chance to use lightweight precision instruments.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sence of tragedy, which sustained him, through temporary periods of joy.
W.B. Yeats
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:59 pm

I'm thinking of upgrading to Windows 10 now that it has been out for a while. If you want to disable some of Microsoft's data collection here is the best article I've found so far on the subject: http://arstechnica.com/information-tech ... to-fix-it/
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:52 am

Snoop, Snoop, Snoop. Believe me, it is way too late. Between M$, Apple, and Facebook they know everything about us. But who would have imagined the stuff they have on YOU. :shock: ;)

Hope life is treating you guys well Fernando!

Very best,
Mark
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:54 am

I suspect there's been some changes to microsoft's Direct X downloads to accommodate W10.

Just re-installed W7 after a crash and couldn't get a decent working DX install.

OK so after getting numerous duds from microsoft, or diverted to W10 download pages (they know where they can stick it!)

Tom's hardware delivers a good install of Direct X - [url]http://downloads.tomsguide.comDirectX,0305-2158.html[/url]

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:15 pm

Hehe it is pretty impossible to avoid, heck I use gmail, but I still can't help opting out of everything when I can :). Yeah, they must have figured out by now that I'm connected to these dangerous fellows at the notorious FI especially the one they call Tactical :D

Thanks Mark, we are well, just got back to Austin two days ago from Taiwan, spent the last six months living in Taipei with Amanda's family :). I've been hard at work on Hunternet this past year since the release of the teaser trailer. A lot of work and play testing has gone into the game and the theme has been changed to sci-fi. I'll be redoing the website soon as I get ready to do a steam greenlight campaign :).

I hope you and the family are doing well :)

My friend gave me his track IR to add support for it to Hunternet, so I'm hopping to give IL2 another try with it :) It was pretty painful flying without it last Christmas :D

Cheers,
Snoop
:FI:Murph
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Murph » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:22 pm

Good to hear from you guys. Win 10 still working without any real problems to report. Cliffs of Dover runs very well on this, better than Win 7.
"Níor bhris focal maith fiacail riamh."
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:17 pm

Hey Murph :) that's good to hear, I'm upgrading my desktop as soon as it says that the upgrade is ready :)
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:20 am

All great stuff to read Snoop. A steam Greenlight campaign you say? Well, aren't we moving up in the world. ;) Hurry up already and become rich and famous so I can point out to my friends that I knew that guy when ...

TS!
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:38 am

I'll be happy if it finally starts paying the bills m8 :D Still have a lot of art work left to do but here is an unlisted clip from our weekly play test showing some of my hunting skills ;).

Since everything was recorded from my perspective it makes me look better than I really am :D Actually Amanda finally beat my one match and I came on 4th :D
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:23 pm

Jeezus! Nicely done, Fernando! 8)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:07 pm

Thanks Helo :D! This week I added cockpit sway so that you really feel every acceleration, bump, shot, and turn :) If you have the chance I'd like to show it to you again before the green light campaign probably in a month or two.
:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:21 am

Snoop I would be interested in seeing the demo
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:37 am

That's great Armitage! I'll post on the forums and pm you guys before my greenlight campaign and then host a special FI invitational at a good time for you all :D. If anyone else is interested just let me know. I also run regular weekly play tests every Tuesday at 8PM Texas time, and you guys are always welcome :) You can also add me on steam (id is: cpudreams) I always log on to it before every play test.