New computer, IL-2 doesn't work

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

New computer, IL-2 doesn't work

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:52 am

HI GANG! Haven't been around as the old junk I had wouldn't play anything worth a damn.
Upgraded to a decent rig w/4G Vishera/ 32G RAM and a decent vid card. Running WIN7pro 64bit.
It seems to be cooking rather nicely.

Brought all my old drives and installed them in this thing. OS is on a 100G SSD and the other stuff is on the SATA drives. Old system was 32bit XP. IL2 is intact and it will start but not run. Is there a work around to get it going or do I need to do a fresh install?

Thanks in advance.
Willie
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

:FI:Murph
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Re: New computer, IL-2 doesn't work

Post by :FI:Murph » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:55 pm

Hey Willie! Good to hear from you. The only thing I can suggest trying is to look at the game's .exe properties- set it to "run as administrator" and try some of the compatibility modes. Otherwise, I hope somebody more knowledgeable than myself (Sneaky?) will see this and offer better advise. I don't know why it shouldn't work.
"Níor bhris focal maith fiacail riamh."
:FI:Murph
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Murph » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:52 pm

Just to bring you up to date, BTW, I'm not sure if any of us are even playing il2 right now. Most folks seem to be playing Battle of Stalingrad on Sundays, while Helo, McBiggles and myself tend to play Cliffs of Dover on Friday nights. If you want to join us on teamspeak this Friday it would be great to talk to you, maybe we can help you figure this out. I have a very similar rig to yours, with win 7 64 on a SSD and everything else (mostly) on separate HDs. Both il2 and HSFX7 work for me.
In case you hadn't heard, Cliffs of Dover runs and looks great with the new TF third party patches, and can be had on steam for about 10-12 bucks.
"Níor bhris focal maith fiacail riamh."
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Sat May 09, 2015 9:12 pm

Hey Murph,

I'm still looking for my joystick. Doubt I'll upgrade to any new games.

PM's Sneaky R and he gave me some suggestions. I changed the compatibility mode for the IL2 .exe and the game starts and runs now.

I fired up a QM and played gunner in a TB3 for a bit.

Thanks for the help. Good to see you guys are still hanging.

As for now, I'll keep dodging tornadoes. ;)

W
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!