Good rig-bad frame rates

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:Nix
Baby Boardie

Good rig-bad frame rates

Post by :FI:Nix » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:41 pm

Hello comrades,

after 3 months of ground duty I have finally returned to the world of IL-2, well not quite. I got myself a new laptop with the following specs:

HP Pavilion dv6-6180se
CPU: 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7-2670QM (6 MB L3 cache)
RAM: 6 GB DDR3
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6770M (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
IL-2 v4.10.1

The rig is playing both MSFS and Lock On FC2.0 without any problems, but on my IL-2 I get like 5 frames per second. I have no idea what could cause this. If anyone has a suggestion I am more than interested in what you have to say.

Thank you in advance,

and hello from Dubai :D

Keep in mind, if you fly perfect Defensive BFM and the bandit flies perfect Offensive BFM … "you're gonna die".
"If one flies like a wuss, one dies like a wuss." N. Jovanovic - Nix, Fightin' Irish Squadron, 2011
:FI:Mikester
The Unforseeable

Re: Good rig-bad frame rates

Post by :FI:Mikester » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:27 am

Another driver Nix. I had the same crap with a new driver so ununstalled and use an older driver. Have a search around other Forums before you go taking off the driver though. Could just be a setting in your game or graphics card setup. No doubt other people have had this issue.

I downloaded a codec pack and this seemed to cause me frame problems so again i rermoved this.
:FI:Nix
Baby Boardie

Re: Good rig-bad frame rates

Post by :FI:Nix » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:27 pm

Found a solution. Just had to change the option from Open GL to Direct X. Thanx for the help.

Keep in mind, if you fly perfect Defensive BFM and the bandit flies perfect Offensive BFM … "you're gonna die".
"If one flies like a wuss, one dies like a wuss." N. Jovanovic - Nix, Fightin' Irish Squadron, 2011