=FI= Aerial Flight Training Tutorials

Announcements, Dates, FAQs
:FI:Nix
Baby Boardie

=FI= Aerial Flight Training Tutorials

Post by :FI:Nix » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:34 pm

Dear comrades,

I would like to give back something to the community so the idea to start the Flight Tutorials section came up. The concept is to make the tutorials with Basic Flight Maneuvers. To start off, I am sharing the first tutorial called the Flat Scissors Maneuver.
The archive can be downloaded by using the following link: http://www.mediafire.com/?o3kt4xy791v1k18

Archive is password protected: flightschool

Install:

- Unrar the archive in the Training folder of your IL-2 directory
- To start the tutorial choose the =FI= Training - Scissors (Flat) in the Training section of the game
- The tutorial has been made using the 4.10.1m Version

I would like to make these tutorials available only to =FI= members that are more than 3 months in the squadron.

Keep in mind, if you fly perfect Defensive BFM and the bandit flies perfect Offensive BFM … "you're gonna die".
"If one flies like a wuss, one dies like a wuss." N. Jovanovic - Nix, Fightin' Irish Squadron, 2011
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Re: =FI= Aerial Flight Training Tutorials

Post by :FI:Genosse » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:04 pm

Great performance, m8! :D =D]

This is a really good idea to show the maneuvers ... why haven't I done it this way? Anyhow, great work!!!! :)

Will we see more of them?
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
Baby Boardie

Post by :FI:Nix » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:29 pm

:FI:Genosse wrote: Will we see more of them?
Yes definitely, I am planning on making a wide arrange of tutorials. Would like to make them kind of private, so only active or old members of the squadron can download them, since they came out of a lot of experience.
Any ideas on what the next tutorial should be about?

Keep in mind, if you fly perfect Defensive BFM and the bandit flies perfect Offensive BFM … "you're gonna die".
"If one flies like a wuss, one dies like a wuss." N. Jovanovic - Nix, Fightin' Irish Squadron, 2011
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:42 am

Excellent, Nix!!!!
Can't DL now, as the only working PC I have is my laptop, but as soon as all the parts arrive for the new rack system count on it!
Good job! :D
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Blue2
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:59 am

Great work, Nix. If I didn't know better, I'd think that video came with the game - nice technique putting it right into the Training folder!
Looking forward to more. =D]

Blue2
:FI:Mikester
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Mikester » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:05 am

Not had a chance to have a look Nix but ill check it out tonight.
Baby Boardie

Post by :FI:Nix » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:29 pm

:FI:Nix wrote: Would like to make them kind of private, so only active or old members of the squadron can download them, since they came out of a lot of experience.
Any ideas on what the next tutorial should be about?
Anyone?

:FI:Rabitski
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:42 am

You'll find Nix that the people who watch or turn up at training and tutorials are the people who don't need the help, And those that could do with and need to don't bother. Now I'm not knocking what your doing in any way, I'm just trying to save you a lot of trouble. If your really keen on this then just do tutorials on what you like, trust me the FI are a lazy bunch of shits and they would watch anything.
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:06 am

:FI:Rabitski wrote:You'll find Nix that the people who watch or turn up at training and tutorials are the people who don't need the help, And those that could do with and need to don't bother. Now I'm not knocking what your doing in any way, I'm just trying to save you a lot of trouble. If your really keen on this then just do tutorials on what you like, trust me the FI are a lazy bunch of shits and they would watch anything.
Would we, Greg? You might be right, I suppose ... :oops:

Anyhow, ... what about the real basics, Nix? Barrel roll, Chandelle, Immelmann, etc.. Or what about estimating the distance towards possible aerial/ground targets in terms of reaching the optimal position for your gun convergence? Unfortunately/Luckily there're many things to be learned when you sit in a virtual cockpit. In the end it's up to you what you like to present I'm afraid ... :?

Gen "I can do it although I can't name it" osse ;C))
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:06 pm

We could do with some level bombing tutorials, how to fly with a wing man etc
Baby Boardie

Post by :FI:Nix » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:17 am

OK, I will make some simple maneuvers, gunnery and level bombing tutorials as a part of basic training. I will not get involved into any advanced maneuvering lessons to prevent casual surfers from picking up the fruits of wisdom for free.

See ya all soon :beer:

:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:19 pm

:FI:Genosse wrote:
Anyhow, ... what about the real basics, Nix? Barrel roll, Chandelle, Immelmann, etc..

Gen "I can do it although I can't name it" osse ;C))
Thought those training tracks were already in game, but been a long time since I looked.

real basics? like taking off,,, and dare I say Landing!

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:17 pm

One step at a time Sneaky, one step at a time...anyway, I can confirm that if alowed to do so I have never yet seen an FI fail to 'land' in one form or another.
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.