Code of Honour?

Announcements, Dates, FAQs
Phoenix9
Boardie

Code of Honour?

Post by Phoenix9 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:27 am

So, today I was flying in a server with historic missions. I shot some guy's bomber up pretty bad and he was burning badly and just above the water. Later I found out I had killed his engines as wel, but I didn't know that at the time. I turned into him again and shot his wing off.

After his bomber fell into the water and just floated there for a minute, the guy hit refly and so his plane disappeared from the water. Then he started complaining about me shooting him while his plane was burning and he had no engines. He said I could at least had let him bail out (or ditch, I don't remember correctly). And that I was messing up his K/D (I'm guessing that's his kills to deaths ratio? He wouldn't tell me. He said that I should know when flying like I did).

Now, thinking this over myself, he couldn't have bailed at that altitude and ditching... well, isn't that what he did anyway in the end? I guess he was just a bit annoyed by me killing him for the second time in a row.

But that's not what this is about. I'd like to know if there's some sort of 'Code of Honour' that honourable pilots follow in these kind of situations? I always try to respect other pilots and fly with honour, so if there are any 'unwritten rules' I'd like to know them...

Some times, when my enemy is shot up badly or he's signaling with his lights, I stop firing and fly on his wing for a second and flash my lights. I'm not doing it much, because 1. I'm not a very god pilot and 2. After you brake away from him there's a 50% chance of him trying to take a shot at you! It has happened to me a couple of times that I was downed by the guy who's life I had just spared!

Anyway, in this particular case I decided to finish the bomber, because he had a <1% chance of surviving anyway. I thought it wouldn't matter...

Your thoughts on this please.
L.F
Forum Junky

Post by L.F » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:04 am

He souns like a whiner, it's a game, people tend to take it way to seriously, shoot him down again.

Repeat. ;)
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:58 am

As LF said.

If he flies a bomber he deserves to die.............. :p

Seriously though if you had crashed into him while shooting its another matter but you are there to shoot him....you did...he didn't like it....he whined! .
And feck his K/D ratio. I've seen guys flying bombers in DF servers who get to spawn in mid-air, hit the target, go flat out to their front line and bail, rinse and repeat.
Why you ask! Its quick high scores for points-sluts and to preserve their K/D stat -hounds ratio.

Kill em! I say! :evil:

Gad<wrongsideofbedthismorning>je
Phoenix9
Boardie

Post by Phoenix9 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:26 am

LOL :badgrin:

Thanks guys!
:FI:Ghost
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Ghost » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:37 pm

Just shoot them all and God will sort them out...;)

Now, for serious.. I've had my share of flying in historical servers. (Historia, Winds of War etc...) and there was only ONE, and ONE rule only.. NO CAMPING; everything else was allowed just like in real war.. Now, it's purely up to you if you're gonna follow any code of valour or not, but no one has right to nag you for anything other than camping... People who do that are just lame players/pilots and you should pay no attention to them.
*Bury me at sea where no murdered ghosts can haunt me, if I rock upon the waves then no corpse can lay upon me*
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:33 pm

The only thing I can think of is not shooting a bailed pilot. That is/can be frowned upon. But, if you talk to Tactical about it, he may have a different take ;) :lol: . Agree with the others you took out a whiny baby. Forget about and keep up the good shootin'.

Noter
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

You did fine.

Post by :FI:Heloego » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:34 pm

Unless the server briefing specifically says something about a "Code of Honor" don;t worry about it.

He's more than likely one who would have shot you just to pick up the extra points.

Feckin' Whiner! He deserved to die!!!! :D

I've been a Bomber/GA pilot almost exclusively for a few years now and the dude just DON"T MEASURE UP!!! :D

Next time just laugh at him and shoot him again! :p
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:53 pm

I get psycho behind all flight controllers. :badgrin: Man, hit him with all yer got, kiddo! But I do hate vulching when it is not allowed on servers. I wish I was back in the air again. :cry:
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

hnmmm...

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:01 am

But I do hate vulching when it is not allowed on servers.
So don't vulch when it's not allowed on servers. :)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:McBiggles
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:McBiggles » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:37 am

yes, yes, yes, of course don't vulch, but prang the whining maggot nonetheless.
Toodles
Being Irish, he had an abiding sence of tragedy, which sustained him, through temporary periods of joy.
W.B. Yeats