Energy Management?

Announcements, Dates, FAQs
Mike
Beginner

Re:

Post by Mike » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:18 pm

:FI:Gadje wrote:I called Energy fighting controlled aggression. This is more defensive aggression :D
Is this track available yet?
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Re: Re:

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:28 pm

Mike wrote:
:FI:Gadje wrote:I called Energy fighting controlled aggression. This is more defensive aggression :D
Is this track available yet?

Was on Geocites(RIP). I'll see if there's a backup somewhere.

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Mike
Beginner

Re: Energy Management?

Post by Mike » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:36 am

No luck? Can somebody make a track with G6 against 3 Spits '43 using this tactic?
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:03 am

Hi Mike.

This is one cadaver of a thread you resurrected!

I don't have that tape anymore that is for sure. I'll try it again and send a tape to you. I was probably better at the game then, certainly more practised but it will be fun to try again.

If I recall right I was trying to see if I could stay safe above in a pretty average plane, climbing away from them after the shortish merge and take them out without losing too much energy. I probably wouldn't use that method now given the choice. AI Spits can climb forever!

However you won't learn much from watching a 3 ace AI v 1human battle compared to fighting pilots like Rambo. Stick with that mate.
Mike
Beginner

Post by Mike » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:15 pm

"...The other thing I mentioned is rolling into position rather than pulling on the stick, if you watch I do this alot..."

Thanks a lot, i like to see that, or if you wish, we can play 1vs1 and use this tactic against me - record the fight and send it to me to see it, if you dont like to fight against Ai...
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:14 pm

You will have seen and used it before.

The thread is about fighting in the vertical rather than horizontal. The manuever is a shallow hammerhead in effect.

You are heading N, put your nose in the air near the top you roll over using aileron and rudder and as the plane decends nose down roll to point your high 12 where your enemy will soon be, say South, then pull into the shot. You can keep rolling round to point where you want for the shot as long as he is below you.
Basically you're trying to use elevator only to pull up, aileron and rudder to change direction=Saving E.

AI tend to come at you at in long sweeping turns making this effective, A good human 1v1 will likely come straight up at you usually forcing you into a rolling scissors and flying by the seat of your pants.

However It is similar to how I would fight several humans that I had E advantage over.
Mike
Beginner

Post by Mike » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:15 pm

Can g6 out-climb spit43? Anyway if you find time you can upload a track.

I think that G6 and later models (and all Fw's) has a strong advantage against spits and this is not the climbing ability. Is the heavier construction and for this reason they have faster turn and roll at high speeds especially in dives, but you guys know better what is going on out there.
I just try to understood what trick is most effective when we drive Bf (43 and later) against Spits.