Hints, Tips and Tricks

Announcements, Dates, FAQs
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Assigning mix and pitch keys

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:08 pm

Since most flyers have a Joystick with throttle I would suggest:-

Prop pitch Alpha pad numbers 1 to 0 for 10% to 100% in 10% increments

Mixture Alpha pad number combinations 12,23,34,45,56,67,78,89,90,0-, for 10% to 100%
Post Maniac General

Re: Go inverted and die??? I think not.

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:22 pm

Viper wrote:If your down low and in a jam dump flaps and get as close to stall speed as you can and start stall fighting.

Most people in HL have no clue what stall fighting is or how to deal with it and tend to under correct there aircraft and crash. Keep your self moving and using scisorrs movements and high Yo-Yo to avoid your bandit and help keep energy up. Once flaps are down and you are at stall speed hit full power to keep it there and work your power to stay just above stall. If you keep it up they will either stall and crash, Flyby or pull off. And yes some times they kill your but either way you can still come out alive or win the fight. Its only a game but why just quit and die?
~S Viper
Had one hell of a stall fight last night in Bf110 vs Spit.didn't have much choice in the matter with both wingtips shot off.Although smoking the Spit was still hanging around as I tried to make base and I was able to take a few deflection shots to put him off.I dont know if any of those connected but finally he went down and I was able to crash safely at a friendly base.
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:39 am

The USA aircraft powered by the R2800-

P47,s
Hellcats
Corsairs
?

Appear to have a bug that means that the rads dont cool the engine any. Rad flaps do however reduce your speed. I've been keeping them shut and as long as you dont fly above 100% for long it seems fine.

LA5fn was meant to be the same but dont fly it much so not sure now.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:58 am

:FI:Gadje wrote:
LA5fn was meant to be the same but dont fly it much so not sure now.
I read that there were no overheating problems in RL, except if WEP was used for too long. It seems about the same in the game (even if the flaps dont cool)

Lets hope it's fixed on '46.

Generally most AC seem to run OK at 99% without overheating.Firewalling the throttle in short butsts can get a little extra speed if absolutely necessary.At altitudes over 10000m you may need rads open due to thin air/mixture etc.

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)