Squad numbers and correct markings

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:48 pm

Hi I am new and don't have a number yet. Do I just pick one of the free ones, If so is 55 still free as I would be happy to use that one. :)

Wardog
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:01 pm

wardawg,

We know you're anxious to get all membered up an' all, but hoooold yer horses pardner!

Read your application again. To get a number, you need to be a full member. That's fairly easy to do.

Fly with us a few times.

If all goes well write back to me and I'll set up a vote in a secret secluded dark area where we will decide your FI fitness.

Usually, you simply need to be alive to pass that. ;)

This vote usually takes about 5-7 days.

Then, we will notify you of your glorious membershipdomness and give you your number, (your choice if available), access to the "Squadron" forum and "Admin" areas.

In the meantime, fly and get to know the mates.

Falcon

PS: 55 is not available. Check the "Rogues" button on the front page for orphaned numbers.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Re: Squad numbers and correct markings

Post by :FI:Macca » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:03 pm

Guys, I was thinking....

I mean I do usually think,but this time...

We've got the FI skins which is really uberkool, but I thought that when all or most the lads use the FI regardless of the side they're flying for it makes things a bit tricky. I've just been lookin' at the screenshts from the last sessions and sa a 190 with Irish markings, when most of the Red side planes were also painted in such way. Don't you think it would be better to use FI markings when doing COOPs with all the FI guys flying for the same side or when fighting another virtual Squadron?

these are just my thoughts, i don't fly too often, unfortunately:(

Mac
ImageImageImage
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Re: Squad numbers and correct markings

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu May 29, 2008 1:09 am

Good point Macca!

~~~

For new members who were not included in the Great FI Skinning Project and want any FI green personalized skins and all members who want a properly marked skin with just a hint of Irishness included ...

if you'd like any skin that will be included in upcoming sessions:

P-38, P-39D(1&2), P-400, P-40E, P-40M, Beaufighter, A-20, F4F-4, F4U-1 and the SBD,

please request them here.

Ask for FIGreen or historic*. I have almost all of these templates and, depending on demand (if any), can have them for you within a day or so. They will have your number and in most cases your name.

Falcon

* Cruising the "Skinners" forum for examples would help me, but don't worry if you can't find what you want. Mention which national insignia you'd like for those ac that flew under different flags.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.