Tactical Air War (for IL-2 BOS/BOM)

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Re: Tactical Air War (for IL-2 BOS/BOM)

Post by :FI:Genosse » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:02 am

:FI:Blue2 wrote:Now if I can only find some time to fly some BOS again!!

Blue "too busy for fun on the PC lately" 2
If I find some time I try to give it a go on the TAW server every now and then lately. Luckily, I haven't been shot down once yet. :D Unfortunately, I seem to be my biggest enemy ... frying engines, crashing on takeoff or into ground targets ... :(

Never mind! It's all about the craic, in'it? :lol:

Genosse ^:)
Crash pilot 1st class
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:07 pm

Looks like everything was reset on the TAW site, so I've registered the 'Fighting Irish' again. So far myself and Frank are in, more volunteers required.

You can register here.
Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:40 pm

:FI:Ardmore wrote:Looks like everything was reset on the TAW site, so I've registered the 'Fighting Irish' again. So far myself and Frank are in, more volunteers required.

You can register here.
Vin
Thank you for the hint, Vin! :)

Image Image
:FI:Blue2
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:45 pm

Thanks Vin! I signed myself up again, finally. Please add me to the squad there on the TAW site!
:FI:Rambo
Professional Boardie

Post by :FI:Rambo » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:19 am

Please add me too vin! Although I will have a hard time finding time to fly this coming week.
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:16 am

That's Frank, Larry, Neil, Aaron and me in the squad for TAW, anyone else that wants in then register at site posted above and post here and I'll do the rest. Mind and register with the =FI= prefix.
I've tried a couple of times to get on the server but it kicks me back to the server list, I'll keep trying, might be something my side that's not quite right.

Vin
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:15 am

Thanks Vin.
Your server issue there sounds like what apparently happens if someone joins the TAW server in BOS before they are registered on the site. In that case the server auto-creates a password for your username, and the only way to get it fixed is to PM the admins & ask them to help sort it out.

Sounds like you may have to do that whether you tried to join before registering or not though. I joined & flew a few missions on Sunday, with no problems (other than poor piloting skills, which got me killed a few times).

I will be around this weekend & able to fly in the afternoon on Saturday or Sunday (evening in Europe). I'll look for any of you, but you might post something here if you're planning to fly in a time slot. Maybe we can meet up on Sunday at the normal FI time at least? Hope so.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:07 am

:FI:Blue2 wrote: I will be around this weekend & able to fly in the afternoon on Saturday or Sunday (evening in Europe). I'll look for any of you, but you might post something here if you're planning to fly in a time slot. Maybe we can meet up on Sunday at the normal FI time at least? Hope so.
I'll be there, Larry! :D

Image Image
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:29 pm

Hey boys,
TAW has been restarted today. See post # 1507 here for details.
One good change has been implemented: people who disco will now be counted as killed, and whoever damaged them gets kill credit if they disco - pretty nice if you ask me. Also, the campaign will last for 5 maps this time, versus just 3, so should go several weeks longer.

I visited their signup page, and things are looking more balanced this time. (Understand it was pretty lopsided last "war.") Shows 150 allied versus 136 axis players registered. So, I didn't register, or sign up our squad yet. We should decide if we want to fly allies as normal, or swap to axis this time. Might not make much difference given how none of us flew much if any last time, but maybe we can discuss soon - it's almost time for Sunday flying.

I leave on vacation this coming Saturday, but will return in time to play the following weekend. I think I'll be flying quite a bit more this go around... didn't find much time for any simming at all the last month or so.
:FI:Rambo
Professional Boardie

Post by :FI:Rambo » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:55 am

Well TAW has come to an end but the allies did very well this time around! Hope to see you guys next time. :beer:

http://taw.stg2.de/index.php
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:57 am

:FI:Rambo wrote:Well TAW has come to an end but the allies did very well this time around! Hope to see you guys next time. :beer:

http://taw.stg2.de/index.php
Look who was kicking butts!?! Quite impressive, Aaron. =D] :D 8)

Every time I wanted to join TAW the server was crowded (max 61 players). Do you know if the number of max players for the next event will get increased? Or should I join it at other daytimes? :?

Anyhow, ... well done, mate! ^:)

Image Image
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:57 pm

Yeah, most of us missed yet another whole TAW campaign! I think it went so fast because of what you saw there, Frank: a LOT more people are playing this now when it's available. Hopefully they will restart it again soon and with even more improvements such as more slots. We'll see.

Meanwhile, I would suggest we work towards flying together on this server when TAW is not available. It features good targets, a moving front line, limited planes, the ability to earn more planes as you go similar to TAW, and more. Of course, with the limited planes feature, you need to be somewhat competent with your skills. So, some of our bunch probably still need more BOS flying practice on their own before they'll be ready for this one.
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:31 pm

Well done Aaron, I see you are up there with the best -

Vin
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:26 am

Where've you been, Vin? TAW is "on" again, and Rambo's tearing up the sky again... and I'm leaving shattered planes scattered across the steppes, but taking out a target once in a while. :D

I just created our squadron again, for this round, and added Rambo to it. Vin your name wasn't in the list so obviously you haven't logged in this round yet. We are flying Red again. Hope to see you in there! Let me know if you find time & I'll add you after you log in.

Obviously would love to have any more of you too, if you decide to give it a go!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:46 pm

Heya, Larry!

I've just re-registered myself today. So you'll better count me in ... :p

^:)

Image Image