Tactical Air War (for IL-2 BOS/BOM)

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Blue2
Forum Junky

Re: Tactical Air War (for IL-2 BOS/BOM)

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:50 am

Oh, good Frank - just in time! Rambo is heading back home to for a few weeks of vacation, he just told us last night, so the Soviet Air Forces of Stalingrad Front must make do without him for a while. I placed you in our squad today. Maybe we'll have a chance to fly together some next weekend, if the Axis side holds out that long. (Allies have already won 2 of the 5 maps; map #3 started today, Red is leading already in most stats, and I think it's a 'best out of 5 maps' thing, in which case it will end in a 'sweep' if Red wins this one.)
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:34 pm

Chaps, at present I'm hors de combat, trying to put together another PC, a bit tricky what with Christmas on the way, with luck I will have it up and running without any burning smells. See you eventually.

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:08 pm

Ah, that explains it. Knew you must be up to something, Vin.

I'm in the middle of taking delivery on all the pieces of a brand new PC as well. A young friend from work has enthusiastically volunteered to handle the build & tuning process for me - terrific since I'm clueless on this stuff and my old friend who built in the past for me is too busy for that now, with 3 young kids to wrangle. Good luck with your new machine & see you in the skies again soon!
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:39 am

Gents, I have registered our squad once again for the new session, which started on Sunday after numerous updates by the creators. They're already on map 2 - Red won the first one before I even had a chance to fly. Based on tank kills I think from what I read in forum the other day.

Let me know when/if you register on the TAW website, and I'll add you to our squad.

http://taw-server.de/index.php
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Feeling a little lonely on this thread... is anybody still alive out there?? :wink:

Anyway, a brand new TAW session launched yesterday. I just signed up.
However I'm flying Blue Side this time, just to enjoy some time on the other side's planes for a change.

Some rules have been changed for this round, so check post # 3631 on page 91 of the TAW forum, here for details if interested.

If any of you join, let me know & I'll add our squad (or you can do it).
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:22 pm

:FI:Blue2 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:06 pm Feeling a little lonely on this thread... is anybody still alive out there?? :wink:

Anyway, a brand new TAW session launched yesterday. I just signed up.
However I'm flying Blue Side this time, just to enjoy some time on the other side's planes for a change.

Some rules have been changed for this round, so check post # 3631 on page 91 of the TAW forum, here for details if interested.

If any of you join, let me know & I'll add our squad (or you can do it).
I'm still here, Larry! :)

But why on earth have you join the dark side, mate? Got frustrated the last round or is the blue side in the minority again? :roll:

Gen "Germerman? Ja!" osse
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:52 pm

Hi Larry

I have registered again. If you can put me down against the squad I will try and find the time to take part :D
Olegs stalker

Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:09 am

Gents,
I've only managed one sortie on this new war so far. AA blew a wing off my Stuka while I was in a ~80% dive bombing attack over an airfield! Those gunners are pretty amazing, I must admit. :roll:

Neil,
Glad you're making a try at it... but, which side did you sign up under, Red or Blue?
I haven't created our squad yet on either side, but I'll do it for Blue side & call it "Fighting Irish Turncoats" or something like that.
Maybe Frank will set up our squad on the Red side this time.

Frank,
I went Blue on a whim, after several considerations.
  1. The Germans have been whining incessantly on the forums after losing the last several campaigns despite having more planes, so I was just curious to experience how well they are coordinating across flights. I think their side should be FULLY capable of winning, even if tank killing is harder for them. (They should wise up, protect their own tanks better, & focus on winning via other tactics more suited to them - it's not brain surgery.)
  2. I'd like to fly Blue planes for once. I knew moving would mean even more stacked sides, but you can now fly for both sides by simply changing your profile name on the BOS website. Not too hard if I want to fly Red sometimes.
  3. The mischievious part of me would like to see all the guys who are willing to fly either side make the switch for one campaign, just to see what would happen. I think 75% or more of them fly Red almost every campaign, because they have to just to keep teams somewhat numerically balanced, thanks to the "I only fly Luftwaffe" crowd, who NEVER switch sides. I saw some squads & people were going to do that this campaign, so I felt that if I switched too, I would add to the resulting impact thereby further revealing this truth. Judging by the forums I was not far off in my guesses!
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:47 pm

I put blue
Olegs stalker

Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:53 pm

I've added you Neil!

Haven't managed any more sorties there yet, but will probably get in 1 or 2 this week. We missed you this afternoon / evening!
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:05 pm

Is the tactical air War still running, do we sign up or is it just pop in and fly?

Vin
:FI:Rambo
Professional Boardie

Post by :FI:Rambo » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:52 pm

it is still running vin, i think your first flight decides axis or allies
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:36 pm

I had a look at the TAW site and found no FI registered, unless its under a different moniker, I've registered the squad and added Aaron. The list of Squads is here scroll down to No. 56 we are there, if you fancy this or are involved in some other BoS stuff let me know please.

Vin
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:18 pm

After having a few trial runs (AKA trial and error) I've nearly figured out what I can fly and not. Having major problems taking off in any PE-2s and still can't get it, seem to veer off to the right all the time.
Did not realise that there are some Aircraft you can't fly untl you have accumulated combat missions, so until I have those missions I'll fly the LaGG 3, and so far I have a kill streak of .......ONE, with K/D at 1/1.
Its a hit and miss wether I get online or not, new house and family life are the culprits (all new to me of course, but wouldn't have it any other way). I usually check the FI teamspeak before going on and if no ones on I don't connect, perhaps I should just go on the TS and see if anyone joins.

Vin
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:30 am

When are you usually online, Vin? Maybe I'd be able to join you once in awhile ...

Gen "plenty o' time" osse ;)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image