"Poker Nights" - Recurring BOS Event

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Blue2
Forum Junky

"Poker Nights" - Recurring BOS Event

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:04 am

Hi fellas. Some of you will know about this from the BOS forums already, but for those who don't, the email I've pasted in below advertises the next one, coming up a little over 2 weeks from now. It's a Saturday event (for now at least), so I'm sure most of us won't be able or interested to make each one... but we'll use this thread to keep abreast of it, talk about who's planning to join them each time, etc. Right now I plan on attending this one. If any of you decide to also, please do as he asks & let him know yourself with email or a PM on the BOS forums.

Start time for it this time will be 10pm GMT, so not too bad for those of you east of the Atlantic if you're truly interested.
He doesn't say so in this email, but they're trying to fill out teams for both sides, in case you were wondering. I told them our bunch is pretty flexible & though we mostly fly Allies, most would agree to fly on either side as needs dictate, and if we're ~comfortable with the bird(s) we're asked to take.

Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 2:35 PM
Subject: POKER NIGHTS MISSION UPDATE

Hey guys,

We are shooting for February 7th at 10PM GMT for our next Poker Night mission. You should have the mission brief by early next week. We will be flying mainly IL-2's, but also some Pe-2's, Yak-1's, La-5's, and LaGG's. We need Sturmovik pilots for this one. If you think you'll be able to make it, contact me and let me know. If you have someone you think is interested in joining us, please have them contact me via email or at the message board via the PM system. Grind the unlocks out on any plane you plan on flying.

We plan on another red yak death squadron fighter sweep after the mission. SAG is working on something pretty cool in regards to this, so it should be a lot of fun.

Comms can get a little hectic during our missions. We will be dividing up the group on different channels. Flight leaders will communicate with each other on different channels through whisper mode on teamspeak. I'd also recommend the plug in Notifier for teamspeak if you don't have it. It lets you know who is speaking on the channel while in game.

More later,

Clutch.
Forum Junky

Re: "Poker Nights" - Recurring BOS Event

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:58 am

OK fellas, Poker Night is this Saturday. Sounds like they've got an IL-2 pit waiting for me. They're expecting some healthy opposition from the invading Germans. Anybody else gonna show up?

If so, jump on it and let them know ASAP, so they can send you the poop and find a plane for ya.
If not, I'll try not to tarnish the FI image too badly. :doubt:
:D
Forum Junky

Re: "Poker Nights" - Recurring BOS Event

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:32 am

Fellas,
It's late notice but there's another "Poker Night" event tomorrow (or today by the time most of you see this) - 2/28 at 10pm GMT. This one's being flown in German planes. I've got a Heinkell reserved, and I'm sure they'd welcome any of you who could make it. I can feed you all the info - the Syndicate guys have generated a special mission on the Marinovka map for this one, and they've sent "intel photos" and a mission plan to everybody via email.
If you'd prefer to just show up & do something REALLY easy, I'd be happy to have a gunner or 3 on board.

Rambo and I flew in the last Poker Night. The first mission was decently planned, with people split into seperate smaller groups with 3 or 4 targets and each group on separate teamspeak channels. It went pretty well, and our bunch managed to do some decent damage to the panzers, while Rambo swatted the nearby 109s.

The 2nd mission - planned as a big fighter sweep in Yaks, was a mess because all were on the same TS channel, which of course resulted in all the typical sloppy comm you'd expect from 20 guys on a single channel. So, it pretty much broke down into 2's and 3's going after whatever they wanted. Still fun, but more just a typical day on multiplayer after that.

Anyway, if you're game for tomorrow, PM me. ^:)