1./JG42 Stalingrad Event

Dates, News and Comments
Nephris
Professional Boardie

1./JG42 Stalingrad Event

Post by Nephris » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:20 am

The 1./JG42 looks back on six years full of fun and joy in Il2 1946.
Many fellows and friends were made in this intense time of our hobby. With the upcoming Il2 - Battle of Stalingrad a new air combat simulator rises on the horizon, which could become a well sequel to Il2 -1946

Before the very last pilots wipe their Il2 1946 installation off the harddisks , we would once again like to host an event to the good old game, for sending Il2-1946 to pension but not to say completely goodbye to our beloved simulation.

Furthermore, we also hope to meet some old friends again.
However, we are interested in advance whether there is still interest in a Il2 -1946 Event evening.

Topic :
December 1942 - the bulge around the 6th Army at Stalingrad is closed since late November . Colonel-General Hoth and parts of the fourth Panzer Army begin an attempt at 12th December to relieve the German troops.

Objective:
Blue - German armored columns advance from South - West front heading through soviet lines north to Stalingrad. At the end of the event at least one tank must have reached the bulge . Luftwaffe supports the advance . Stuka and destroyers clear Soviet PaK positions. Fighters secure the advance route.
Red - Sturmoviks and Bombers destroy the oncoming German armored columns , red fighters take care of the situation .

Procedure:
We will fly on Il2 -1946 with HSFX7.0.2 at MDS (Moving Dogfight Server).
Number of pilot life , planeset and number will be determined .
Registration is required.
Scheduled Time: appx 150-180 minutes.

Note: This thread is for temporary " market research ",for gathering numbers of interested pilots at all ,that are still interested in an event of Il2 1946. For this reason, iwe can provide superficial information only for now.
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Re: 1./JG42 Stalingrad Event

Post by :FI:Genosse » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:36 am

Nephris wrote:Furthermore, we also hope to meet some old friends again.
However, we are interested in advance whether there is still interest in a Il2 -1946 Event evening.
Thank you that you haven't forgotten us, Flo! :D

Talking for myself only I'll state my interest to fly a MDS campaign again although I'm aware that all the odds will be against the red side (airplane-wise). Nevermind. :-k

I've to admit that I've really enjoyed the sessions with you and that I'm honestly missing them. Thus I hope there'll be some of my FI colleagues out there ready to join in to your campaign again ...

Any other takers on this offer, chaps?

^:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
Nephris
Professional Boardie

Re: 1./JG42 Stalingrad Event

Post by Nephris » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:14 pm

Hi buddy,
the planned Stalingrad Event is just a single evening Event on MDS.
So no MDS campaign as we did and we also miss, last years sundays.

However and beside to the Stalingrad event in early planing stage, we still fly default DCG coop campaigns on each thurday evening 19:45h met meeting time, taking off at 20:00h met.Of course you are invited to that as aswell.
The former website is still online and maintained in both languages.