Unka Fen!!

Got a problem? Need some advice? Ask Unkle Fenster, he'll put you straight ;)
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Unka Fen!!

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:46 pm

Drool on!!
Mild to wild, old to new, everything in between. even a candid shot of the old "cheezy rider" himself..
http://funkgarden.com/neil/Legend%20of% ... index.html

Some high zoot bike show out in Kali. The photographer took a lot of good pics.

How ya been?
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

Re: Unka Fen!!

Post by :FI:Fenian » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:36 pm

Man... that black and silver Crocker was a beauty...

I want one!!!!!

Thanks Padre!!!
_________

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
Just pink and fluffy

Post by :FI:Fenian » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:43 pm

And that R32 - what acute little boxer puppy!!!

The radial was cute too,if a little impractical... :lol:
_________

Oscar Wilde
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:31 pm

Willie! You big tease.

Pictures from an era when men were men and sheep were irrelevant.

=D] =D]

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:19 pm

:FI:Sneaky_Russian wrote:Willie! You big tease.

Pictures from an era when men were men and sheep were irrelevant.

=D] =D]
:lol:

Trev, that radial is a "Rotec" and it's one of Jesse James' ( West Coast Choppers and hubby of Sandra Bullock) "creations".

and yes, that Crocker is a sweety. I like the Brough and the old knuckle..

Just pink and fluffy

Post by :FI:Fenian » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:53 pm

What you make of these guys, Padre?

http://www.exilecycles.com/index.php?section=12

I love the style but they are a bit pricey for kits....

By the way... I've sussed out our new uniform providers:

http://www.utilikilts.com/

I like the camo one meself... :D

Fen
_________

Oscar Wilde
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:56 pm

I had me eye on one of those wee skirt thingy's for gents a while back. Figured with wasps and stuff we have wandering about these parts and the particular aerodynamic frailties known to that type of garment, that I'd probably be too much of sensation whilst blastin up and down the byways on the old knucklehead. :shock: :lol:

As for Exile Cycles? Awesome builders and I've heard they're straight up folks. WAY too damn proud of their stuff to suit me. Their stuff is ultra minimal and pretty much hand fabricated. I believe a feller with any mechanical ability can build something just as nice for a LOT less $$. ;)

I'm thinkin of sellin all my old Hawley junk and seein if I can get enough scratch to buy a nice used

My pard with the dealership in FL says the re-sale on those bikes is shyte and they can be had worth the money with very few miles on 'em. He says they are a HELL of a machine and darn near bulletproof. 140hp sounds like GREAT FUN!! :badgrin:

Just pink and fluffy

Post by :FI:Fenian » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:08 pm

Been also thinking about getting a Knucklehead 1947 frame with EVO mounts - or would that be sacrilege?

What was the tyre width on those old Knucks? Around 8-10"? I like fat tyres all round :)

Mind you - I just spotted a basket case Dnepr... might be going for a song. Make a nice winter project or a spare parts source for my Fidelma ;)

Those Triumphs are getting quite cheap here too... I think people are afraid of them, and quite rightly so :lol:

What I'd really like to do is get a brand new BMW 1200 motor and build a Russian style bobber (with drag bars - not the apehangers).

You seen this beauty?
http://www.dbbp.com/

Stu - you'll like his CAD work :)
_________

Oscar Wilde
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:21 am

I think you'll have a problem tryin to stuff an Evo into a '47 frame. Evo's are taller than the old stuff and you'll have to do some really heavy mods to that old iron to make it work. Yes, it is SACRILEDGE!!! :badgrin:

I'd think it would probably be easier just to buy an aftermarket rigid that will take whatever tire (tyre?) ;) size you desire. As for fatness?

That is a '47 knuck with a stock 16" on the aft and 21" on the front. As for width? maybe 5-6 inches. Doubt you can much over stock with out chain clearance issues. :(

Got a link for that picture? THAT is very nicely done and I would love to see more!! :D

Just pink and fluffy

Post by :FI:Fenian » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:32 pm

The link is right under the pic - that's the guy's site. He's based in Holland :)

Getting closer to that basket case Dnepr...

Here she is.. looking surprisingly well, if you ask me :shock:

Going for around $1,000 USD - he wanted $1500 :badgrin: Gonna go see it and bring some cash on Saturday.... and the wife hasn't even screamed at me :)

Prolly thinks it'll keep me quiet/outta da house for the winter... and she's right ;)

I am insane.

:)
_________

Oscar Wilde
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:41 am

:FI:Fenian wrote:... and the wife hasn't even screamed at me :)

Prolly thinks it'll keep me quiet/outta da house for the winter... and she's right ;)

I am insane.

:)
:lol: Leave it you to hide the link UNDER the pic.. :roll: Fabricator Kevin http://www.fabricatorkevin.com/ says he's had dealing with the guy that owns that site and he is a really cool dude and good people. :D

Fab Kev is an awesome guy to deal with too. He can build/create/design aobut anything you might need for a sled. ;)

I haven't killed the BOY yet. Thought about it real serious this morning when he came dragging in 0530 and woke me up. His Ma even busted off on his ass this afternoon, ruined his whole day! :shock: He's currently awol. LMAO Hiding from me. :badgrin:

Just pink and fluffy

Post by :FI:Fenian » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:04 pm

Hey Padre... You were such a quiet and obedient kid, weren't you?

:badgrin:

Your poor parents!

Doesn't mean you should kick his arse though :)

Start charging him REAL rent and see how long he lasts....

Trev
_________

Oscar Wilde
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:34 am

I was a HELLION of the first order. :D

My dear dad had an iron fist, I wore it on more than one occasion. :roll: I'll give the old SOB credit for teaching me how to take a hit. ;) My dear old dad is 81 now and that kid wouldn't last three minutes around that dried up old range wolf, father of mine. Dad even volunteered to "counsel" the kid. :lol: I declined his offer. I'm afraid dad would break his hand if smacked that kid like he did me forty years ago.

I started real work at the age of 11. I chopped weeds out of the cotton fields for 10 cents and hour and was glad to get a chance to earn some REAL money. I've worked at some job or another all my life. I've picked cotton, chased cattle everywhere but up a tree or down a hollow log, I've hauled hay. gathered eggs and shoveled tons chicken shit. Had a part time job in high school for three years working Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights at a gun shop. After school, I'd go to the local junkyard (breaker?) and cut the frames out from under old cars for $2.50 a car with a big arsed cutting torch. I'd do 4 an afternoon. Ten bucks was a LOT of dough in 1968 for a 16 year old kid. I was making $75 a week with both jobs and keeping a B average in school. I had a dad ass 1957 2dr hardtop BelAire Chevy with a hot 283, bucket seats and tuck and rolled interior. It was British racing green and had 5 spoke Cragar wheels. Wish I still had it.

I'm not anything special. Known nothing but hard work all my life. I ain't the only one to be able to say that. I could have done better, but I chose the road I took. It's been a wild ride and I have few regrets. ( IF I's known I was gonna live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself) I'd like to see the boy get a grip and blast off doing something that will do him some good.

The boy is just lazy. His dad is the same way. He's had no other male figure in his life that that was worth a hill of beans and he thinks that the way his dear sweet daddy does things is the way to go. His dear sweet daddy is also scared of that kid. I've treed his dad's arse twice and he won't do anything but yap.

Charge him rent? I'd like to. Problem is, he has NO money. He makes $65 a week in 2008 dollars. He has trouble paying his precious cell phone bill and his car insurance. He knows better than to let his car insurance lapse. SO charging rent would be futile. The kid thinks that as long as he works 12 hours a week, he has a JOB!!!

Only time I want to fold, spindle, and mutilate his big arse is when he fails to keep the gob shut. Like when he makes a statement " I don't see why I should have to work just to live here." :evil:

I'll get his attention one way or another.

Just pink and fluffy

Post by :FI:Fenian » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:49 pm

I feel for you.

What he needs is a girlfriend with her own apartment ;)
_________

Oscar Wilde
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:27 pm

:FI:Fenian wrote:... What he needs is a girlfriend ...

... then he'll REALLY know how much money he needs to make!

Hang in there Willie,

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.