Problems with Hyperlobby

Got a problem? Need some advice? Ask Unkle Fenster, he'll put you straight ;)
:FI:Ghost
Postmaster

Problems with Hyperlobby

Post by :FI:Ghost » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:39 pm

I've been having these problems with HL ever since I reinstalled my system and installed XP SP 2. The thing is that every time I start HL it takes ages to load everything. Sometimes it only loads certain servers, sometimes it loads all the servers but no players and sometimes it loads everything but not the chat box and I cannot join any game. I have to start it all over again and hope that it will load everything.

Does anyone know what the problem is? I'm suspecting it could be firewall settings or something like that.
*Bury me at sea where no murdered ghosts can haunt me, if I rock upon the waves then no corpse can lay upon me*
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:52 pm

If it was a firewall problem then you would'nt see different problems, it would be the same fault all the time, I think.
From reading other forums a few folk have been having problems with HL, the chap who runs it has not been around for a while.

Maybe try to uninstall and start afresh or restore windows to a date before installing HL and try again. Sorry I cant be of further help.

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Ghost » Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:28 am

It seems it was a firewall problem after all. I think I have solved it. Thx anyway...
*Bury me at sea where no murdered ghosts can haunt me, if I rock upon the waves then no corpse can lay upon me*
:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

Well..

Post by :FI:Fenian » Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:42 pm

glad we got that one sorted....

:lol:

Sorry... DIY and children seem to have taken over my life at the moment... I'll be alive again in a couple of weeks....

IKEA wardrobes incoming..... :?

:(
_________
:FI:Fenian

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Ghost » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:38 pm

Grrrr, I am pissed off right now. Stupid HL is not working again. I cannot reconnect. The same things are happening again. Sometimes nothing loads, and sometimes everything but chat window loads. I saw you guys, but I couldn't join in. I've tried everything I could with my NOD and win firewalls and the same problem occured again. Now I am clueless what to do...