New Keyboard

Questions and solutions for all mudmoving games related problems
:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

New Keyboard

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:42 pm

Hi guys

Do you have twisted fingers somtimes wel here is the solution ZBoard Merc

My old Z board is on its end and is retired after more than 5 years.

Now i got ordered the newer model of this keyboard: ZBoard Merc, like the older model i had you can not replace the overlay key sets but has a fixed keyset but the lefthand side is now turned in a 11% angle.

If you sometimes have misstypes or twisted fingers i canstongly reccomend this Zboard merc.

see the Picture here.

Dutch..,

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Re: New Keyboard

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:39 am

Sehr COOL, Conrad!
When my Saitek board gives up the ghost, this looks like a winner! I sure like the layout. :)

How is the tactile feel? Mushy, or solid? I use the QWERTY side quite often.
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:33 am

Biggest issue I have with keyboards is the letters wearing off the keys and I start typong stiff that liiks loke ut was wrotten by the allo allo piloceman..

Il2 and flight/driving sims excepted where you have option for HOTAS or wheel; I'm amazed that even the most modern games on PC are only designed to be used with an inteface that was designed over 135 years ago.

Using a regular keyboard for gaming can give rise to RSI problems and there is the issue of key travel (could add significant milliseconds to response).

My preference on other games is to plug in my P880 and load a suitable profile.

I find this far better than being hunched over a keyboard at a desk, the sticks are more intuitive than WASD and there is better response from buttons.

Never been a great fan of the mouse so things like the Razer hold no appeal to me.

Guess Ill check the charity shop now for another £2.00 KB - (one with letters on the keys)

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:08 pm

Hi sneaky and Helo,

The sitek looks great did not know the worked on a pc but i can't hold this properly anymore, and Dan this is the newerversion that i ordered the Zboard merc i had the original zboard with the diffrent overlays but after 7 years of hard work it's on it's end so iordered the one that you could see on the previous link.
I worked fine with it and the keys had a good balance light and not to close to eachother fine keyboard that's all i can say and together with my logitech g 500 mouse it works fine itry nowaday to put as much as possible functins on the mouse for example my side arm is on the mousewheel leftclick and the secondary weapon is on the mousewheel rightclick, crouch and melee(knive)is on two other buttons near the thumb ant the mouse.

dutch.,,

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...