Arma 2 settings

Questions and solutions for all mudmoving games related problems
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Arma 2 settings

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:58 pm

For those who are interested. Most of the settings are fine, with the exception of post processing, change this to "disabled" and see the difference. The grass has been a problem of late, but there is a change you can make to disable it (I advise this), look in your documents\arma 2 other profiles\your name, open this in notepad and scroll down to you see (at the bottom) "TerrainGrid = 6.25 or something else, set it to 50 and you will be rid of grass.

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Re: Arma 2 settings

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:14 am

Barra (aka FI_Moog) has sussed out the multiplayer no grass, we tested it last night and it works fine. When I have time I'll post some screenshots and let you FIP guys see what your missing.

Vin
:FI:Mefisto
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Mefisto » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:32 am

which is the arma2 day now?
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:10 pm

No specific day at the moment, Adam, we're still gathering more recruits to arma 2. Once we know the numbers that will play we will set a day and get making missions. At the moment we have been going onto servers online or making small missions ourselves.

Vin
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:51 am

Ok, I mowed the grass and I'm ready for ArmA2.

Where,when,who?
ImageImageImage
:FI:Sacktime
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:15 am

I've been playing the Demo (I'll have to take a trip into the big town to get the full version). I've been playing a couple of MP games, can the demo work with the full version? I'm assuming limited maps etc.
:FI:Rabitski
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:17 pm

Dont think the demo will work with the full version you'll have to take the plunge and get the full version, but it's well worth the dosh. As to a speicific time, well we are hoping to do a few today and again on Tuesday, after that we will be loseing our host for 3 fecking week's while the selfish geebag gone on holidays :D . I on the other hand will continue to slave away during his absence making missions, so by early September I should have a good few done. I'm kinda thinking of doing the like our Sunday sessions for IL-2, where each mission will be a continuation of the previous. So if the platoon can get there shit together within the next month we could have quite a few playing it by then. As of the moment I think we have Vin, Moog, Scott, Wardog, Wolfhound (ordered), Adam(think he said he got it), Macca, Conrad(ordered?) and Myself.
As for a regular time once everyone is up and running Tuesday seems like the most likely time we'll get together, Conrad?.
:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:56 pm

Right, Greg
that's the plan for the tuesdays as soon as we have a mission fixed for the about 7 to 10 people we can start it off guess
my copy is on its way and i spoke to dutchduke (John) and he freaked around with Arma I and is intrested in the game. and is thinking about the follow up ArmA II but just from holliday. so I think slightly we will have a nice couple of guys to start the TCAT ( Tactical Combat ARMA Training).with the home made missions. So Sacktime skip a few beers do not waist any money on parfum and rush to the big town and grab it.

in the meanwhile we can discuss some usefull key bindings/combinatins and do some tactical movements and train on what distance and what stance the enemy will spot when sneak around da Area and such things I think a basic movement training or get familiar with da vehicle's, helicopter and planes is not a waist of time i guess talking about heli's heard about Helo ??? we need a m8 who can fix da heli's :lol:

Dutch.., ^:|

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:26 pm

We are on it, Conrad what we need most off all are bodies. But I'll continue this topic in the platoon section.
:FI:JFK-Dutchduke

Post by :FI:JFK-Dutchduke » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:01 pm

Hi FI-friends

Rabitsky: Although I do not have the game yet, u can count me in as a bullet-'body', buddy ----- > 8)
As soon as the wife [-X looks the other way I'll grab it and buy it :badgrin: - <jokin'> NO seriously, as soon as the action starts, i'll get it - ... somehow ...
my system must not be a problem ( however my daughter has a better system now (awesome): 2nd hnd bought on Marktplaats from a middle aged LAN freak for some lousy bucks and now I envie her --- euh, what did I do wrong? :oops: )

I'll follow your progressions upon this matter in my scope (sniping and ready to hit) - Is all this why it's so quiet on de WAW servers, or are u guys playing under alias names without FI tag, u snakes!?!? :roll:

Saluting ya'll

JFKdutchduke

When the family sleeps , D u t y C a l l s ! :-)
:FI:Sacktime
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:40 pm

Good news/ bad news. First the bad news, I went to the big town and they didn't have ArmA2, I'm beginning to think I may need to order online this one.
The good news is I'm still very interested in getting this and getting dirty with the other half of the FI.

Question: Maybe as I'm still playing the demo on easy, just want to figure the mechanics out and sort out keyboard settings etc. But is there anyway to shut off the little red dots that seem to hover over the bad guys, or the target markers?
:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:26 pm

Hi Sack,

i do not know my game is still on its way, so i can't tell. but i guess there is, but not in da demo.
maybe :FI:Ardmore or :FI:Rabitski have the answer.

Good luck
and keep on hunting down da game .

Dutch..,

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:48 pm

If you can try setting the diff level on Reg or Vet, that may get rid of it. Means you'll need to be able to read a map and tell your team mates from the baddies but I hardly think you'll have problems it that area. I haven't played the Demo but thats how it goes with the bigboys version :D
:FI:Wolfhound
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:05 pm

Have it, have it , have it..................loading ....loading.....soon he he :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:
"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Rabitski » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:47 pm

:D . Hop on line M8. Oh but get the patches in first