RO Lock Ups

Questions and solutions for all mudmoving games related problems
:FI:ZekeMan
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

RO Lock Ups

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:25 pm

Anyone having any issues as of late with lock ups in RO? Thought at first that it was the new Catalyst driver suite I downloaded, but lo and behold I am getting locks with my old drivers also. Any ideas?

Z

We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence upon those that would do us harm... James Orwell
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:56 am

In addition to the Steam Interface, do you have anything else running in the background?
Security Suite?
Desktop Enhancement (Like Yahoo Widgets)?
Anything running that is not needed?

Game Configuration:
Reduce Gore level?
Reduce setting in Display Options? Uncheck Antialias and Anisotropic Filtering?

What have you done so far?

I had a few lockups before I reduced/unchecked most/some of those settings. My PC is a bit behind the power curve anyway, though.

:)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:ZekeMan
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:22 pm

Well, the only thing I ever have running is my AVG anti-virus and Cacheman memory program. I think it to be something with the latest Steam update as the symtoms didn't start until after the update. This happened once before with an update, but that time it prevented Steam from shutting down completely, thus Windows wouldn't shut down either, very annoying.

As it continues regardless of what vid driver I am using, I am quite sure it has to do with the update.

We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence upon those that would do us harm... James Orwell