COD and EN7950 GX2 Error Message?

Questions and solutions for all mudmoving games related problems
MikeVictor
Forum Junky

COD and EN7950 GX2 Error Message?

Post by MikeVictor » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:46 pm

When I start my newly installed COD (not COD2) sim on my newly built PC with an ASUS EN7950 GX2 card and AMD dual core 4000+...I get an error message saying my video card is missing features needed by COD. :!: :!: :oops: :(

I have the very most up to date driver installed for the GPU.

I can run COD2 and PF with no issues (looks/performs great actually).

Is there a patch for COD that will fix this sort of problem?

Or is there a configuration adjustment I need to make to my GPU card or CPU to get it to work with COD.

Doah,
Mike :?:
:D
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:36 pm

Damn, this sounds weird..as if you had too new card for the game to run....have you installedd all the needed patches, for example from CoD files?

M
ImageImageImage
MikeVictor
Forum Junky

Situation

Post by MikeVictor » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:05 pm

I believe I installed patches for COD up to 1.4 or 1.5. I'll need to check on that.

It works just fine with COD2.. and PF/IL2/AEP 1.04m (haven't installed to 1.05m yet as I need to find my installation code to do so.

Not sure if there is a patch out there I haven't found yet.

I have also installed BF2 adn Red Orchestra on the PC, BF2 works fine, but I need to get connected to the internet at home again before I can fully install RO (that reallly sucks, can't even play single player without an internet connection).

Later,

Mike
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

CoD Woes.

Post by :FI:Heloego » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:36 pm

Sorry to hear of the problem.
When I start my newly installed COD (not COD2) sim on my newly built PC with an ASUS EN7950 GX2 card and AMD dual core 4000+...I get an error message saying my video card is missing features needed by COD. Exclamation Exclamation Embarassed Sad
Does the message box have a "Details" or "More" button, or give out more info?
Does it tell you which features are "missing? If so, that may point you in the right direction.

I'm using a Nvidia GeForce 7800GS, so I can't help with that, but the following will definitely apply:

1. Be sure to patch up to v1.5.
2. Verify the latest drivers for your GPU.

Alternatives:
1. Try using the original driver set included with your card. Sometimes a driver update isn't necessarily a good thing.
2. Try a complete Uninstall of both CoD and video drivers to start with a clean slate. Re-install the drivers, then CoD, verify operation, then patch to v1.5 and verify.
3. Spend a few more $$$ to get CoD United Offensive and install that. It may (repeat "MAY") have additional code that is either missing or corrupted in your CoD installation CDs.

This may not help at all, but when the frustration sets in, sometimes it's the only way to get it working. :)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
MikeVictor
Forum Junky

Thanks Amigo

Post by MikeVictor » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:45 pm

thanks Helo,

I'll check to see if the error message has a details or more button.

I have United Offensive installed now.

Didn't say what features, but it did suggest upgrading the driver for the GPU...however, I have the very most current one installed now, as of yesterday.

I will uninstall and reinstall COD, and make sure it is up to v1.5.

I'm going to guess it may have something to do with this card having two GPU's on it or maybe even the dual core CPU thingy. But COD2 runs extremely well. I may try reverting to the original driver, but gee I hate to do that since it works so well with all the other stuff I have.

The good news is BF2 and COD2 and I think RO like my PC, so once I"m back on line (another couple weeks as I am waiting for a new modem thingy to be delivered) then at least I can play with you guys again.

I'm thinkin real hard about getting a new joystick, throttle combo, but man those CH set ups, including pedals, are pricy big time. I like pedals, I own a Logitec Momo car racing wheel with pedals and like it a lot ( I love GPL by the way).

I've read that the thrustmaster cougar or Saitek X52 Pro might be a gbit less costly option, without pedals..

Boy this hobby is beginning to take a bite out of the ole pocketbook.

MicVic
MikeVictor
Forum Junky

I could work for GEICO

Post by MikeVictor » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:49 pm

Well I got COD to work on my new PC.

I needed to adjust some of the 3D feature settings for the graphics card, mostly those involving OPENGL and file extensions….I think.

Not sure what all the settings mean, there are several "techy" sounding options, but via trial and error, I changed some of them and eventually got COD to run just fine on it.

Problem is that this is card is not so unsophisticated that even a caveman can use it with any application without having a hiccup or two (like in the GEICO commercials on TV in the USA).

The card allows me to select different settings and to create unique profiles for different applications. So that is a good thing, more flexibility, sophistication, etc..unless you live in a cave…

Mic "caveman" Vic