New guy having problems with QTracker

Questions and solutions for all mudmoving games related problems
:FI:Hunter
Boardie

New guy having problems with QTracker

Post by :FI:Hunter » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:18 pm

Thanks for the email Dutchman. I have COD with UO expansion already set up and ready to go patched up to 1.5. I also have the german front mod installed. The problem Im having is with Qtracker. When I try and search your server 82.217.200.110 nothing happens. And when I try to use the "help" feature all I get is a error message that reads "C is not a registerd protocol". Any info on this would be helpful. I'll get on TS a bit later and hopefully one of you is on that can get me into the server. Thanks again..
Hunter
:FI:Madra Rua
Boardie

try it again.

Post by :FI:Madra Rua » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:39 pm

hey Hunter,

I think the server was not up so that explains why Qtracker was not working.

but the server is up right now.. try again and
let us know when it's still not working oke

Madra Rua

ps. welcome to the platoon.

:beer: ^:)
Boardie

Post by :FI:Hunter » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:30 pm

Hi Madra,

I got Qtracker working and found the FI server this time. But theres still one little issue. It says that theres a password required to get in. When I try to get in without one it says" path connot be found". Also, I saw you as well as Dutchman and Genosse on there but couldent communicate with any of you on there or on TS. I assume you guys stay logged on wheither your in the game or not. I know its real early in the morning in Europe so that may exlplain it. I'll try again early tommorrow morning my time and hopefully I'll catch one of you on. Thanks for the help. Later....
Hunter
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Howdy, Hunter!

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:34 am

The latest version of QTracker gave me fits, too.

Since my playtime with CoD is almost exclusively on Conrad's server I dumped QTracker and use the console to connect using the IP address.
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:31 pm

Hey Heloego..

Thanks for the info. I was able to get Qtracker to work but was still not able to connect to the game because of some other issues with not having proper files etc. I think the problem was that Ive been auto-downloading on servers for about the past year and who knows what crap ive collected in my COD files. I was just going to do a complete un-install-re-install of the game but I decided to take it a step further and formatt the whole hardrive. The formatting went fine but now Im having problems getting my gaming conputer back on the wireless network. The puter Im using now wont run COD or PF well enough. I do have a friend of mine coming by today to get me back on the network. My problems should be resolved by around 4 or 5 p.m my time. Unfortanatly thats around Midnight or 1 a.m for those players in Europe. Mabe Ill catch you on today but will probubly be Sunday before I catch Dutchman and the others on. Thanks for your help and be assured Im still hard at work on the problem. Later......
Boardie

Up and Running

Post by :FI:Hunter » Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:10 am

Go everything working finally and was able to log onto Platoon server. Unfortanatly I was the only one there..lol. Mabe thats because its 4 a.m. in Europe. Anyway, See you all on tomorrow.
Hunter
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Actually...

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:03 am

...due to RL, I don't think I've been CoD'ing for about two weeks. :cry:

As things smooth out, I should be able to start logging on between 2:00pm and 3:00pm weekdays Mountain Time.

The Euros (Madra, DrEd, Deadhand, Dutchman, Moog, etc.) can usually be found early to late afternoons taking shots (virtual and verbal) at each other.

I'll try to get on around 10 or 11am Mountain tomorrow. I like to get in a little sniping before or after the Squadron Flying Session. :)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x