Want to buy CoD + UO

Questions and solutions for all mudmoving games related problems
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Want to buy CoD + UO

Post by :FI:Macca » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:17 pm

Ok. I want to buy Call Of Duty and UnitedOffensive.Haven't decided yet - it all depends if I could play with the Fighting Irish Platoon. The question is - how big pings do you guys get at avarage?As for poland I have qutie fast ADSL 640 kb/s incoming and 128 out. It allows me to play sturmovik on UK dedicated with ping irca 60 ( If this may be some kind of indicator of thespeed and so on).So - shall I buy the game ? The single player mode -ok, I'll probably play it, byut it is not of the hightest improtance.Mailny I'm interesed in multiplayer mode.

Waiting for suggestions

S!
ImageImageImage
:FI:Moog
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Moog » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:47 pm

Absolutely!

You won't have a problem. Dutch's server is truly excellent. Very stable. Once in a while there are weird occurrances when certain users try to connect from a particular sort of network connection causing everyone's ping to go through the roof - but these are very rare and is usually the pings return to normal in less then two minutes.

Look forward to seeing you online m8!

Play It Cool

-Moog

PS: The single-player campaigns in CoD and in UO are well worth playing. They're really cinematic and packed with memorable events. Too many people just head straight for the multiplayer, which is fine, but they are two totally different gaming experiences and I'd strongly reccommend trying both :)
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:55 pm

Alrighta, so I'll probablywill give it a try and in a few days tie pick my copy of the Cod and UO. I've seen some fine mods on the net, they really sound to be impressive.
Of course I'll try the single player campaigns, I heard a lot of good things about them,esp about the russian part.
Looking forwart to seeing you soon on the frontline!:)
ImageImageImage
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Go for it!

Post by :FI:Heloego » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:59 am

Conrad has the best server on the net!

Great collection of mods and maps!
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:38 pm

Bought it today,but gotta some work.If I have some time tonight I'll install it. Got the deluxe edition, CoD + UO.Seems to be a really fine set.Tell me guys, what shall I do now -as a member of Fighting Irish Sqdrn am I a member of the Platoon?What do I have to do to play with the Platoon?

S!
Bang ! Bang!
ImageImageImage
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Moog » Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:48 pm

First things first, download the latest UO patch (I think it's 1.51) from the official site or from http://www.planetcallofduty.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

THEN browse the Platoon's forums, especially the Technical Issues forum, and do some homework... you'll learn how to download and configure Qtracker for connecting to Dutchman's server, how to configure TeamSpeak so that you can switch channels from within Call of Duty, you'll learn about some of the tactics we (try to) employ, and you'll get a laugh by just being one of the 'Toons! Just spend some time online with us to get a feel for it and see if it tickles your fancy. No obligation! Having fun and having a good attitude are (almost) the only requirements :D

Play It Cool

-Moog
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

New Recruitment

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:21 pm

Hi macca44

Good news m8,

Thanks Heloego & moog for the given info.

Macca follow the suggesions in the toppic, see above

Get patched and mapped and you'll can do your trainings with us.
when you're all set.. you'll be signed up as a platoon member

don't worry about your pings you'll be fine.. sometimes there is some lag but that's really sometimes..

here are some links..

Dutch's maps

QTracker - a small utility like Hyperlobby
contact us via Teamspeak if possible and we help ya out

any questions let me know !!
Dutch...,
Last edited by :FI:Dutchman on Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:25 pm

Thx Dutch and Moog, will do as you folks said.Gotta clean up my MP:):)....
ImageImageImage
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:41 pm

All right....I downloaded and installed the lateest patch, updated pankbuster, downloaded maps fropm your site, mods as well,except for the m1 carbine - link not working.Downloaded teamspeak - no idea how to set it up....also how can I join your server to play CoD? Downloaded that qthing, which IP number shall I paste in this program and which settings to use?

S!
ImageImageImage
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:54 am

Okay...

There are good instuructions of how to set up your TS, at FIS communications forum.

http://www.endlager.net/fis/phpBB2/view ... =teamspeak" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I dont know how to use that qtracker, but this is how i make the connection to our server:

i have made a wordpad document which has our server´s IP (82.217.199.120) When i start playing, i open up that document and copy (ctrl+c) the address.

Then i start CoD. in startup menu i press that button which has § and ½ in it (in the upper left corner of your keyboard) it opens up a console. Just left of the cursor, there are ´-symbol. wipe it off.

type "connect" (without those ""-marks of course) then paste that IP address (ctrl+v). Then hit enter, and it connects you to our server. Oh yes, leave a space between connect and ip-address.
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Moog » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:08 am

I'm not on my home computer at the moment so I forget exactly how to configure Qtracker but there's an 'Add Server' option up in the file menu somewhere. When you click that, a 'New Server' dialog window will appear. All you have to do is copy the IP address where it says 'Address', choose where you want it displayed (there's a folder for CoD/UO) and maybe give it a special name. When Dutchman's server is running, it will show up in the main window. If you want to connect, right-click on the server that has a red icon beside it (not a black one) and click 'Join Now'

I prefer using Qtracker to using the in-game console because it lets me check if there's anyone on the server without actually having to join.

Plus, when you start the program the sexy lady says "welcome to Qtracker" ;)

It's really not that difficult, if you have any more problems then ask here again, but all of the necessary info can be obtained by the briefest of glances at the relevant help files.

See (shoot) you soon m8! :)
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:13 am

Ok

Thx m8s

Working!
i got all the things working, I suppose! Qrracker is ok, i've found the FIP server:)

thx once again! Wil try it tonight!!
S!!!!
ImageImageImage
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:30 am

Can´t wait to see you online (trough a scope) :lol:
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:39 pm

Gah, you like looking at people through your rifle's scope:) One bullet one kill, righta?

BTW - remember - I'm a newbie:) ...where is the trigger....from which side do the bullets leave the gun....lots of things to learn ^:)
ImageImageImage
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:25 pm

one shot-one kill :lol:

If you are a noob, that´s one thing you should remember when using a scoped rifle. Take the shot only if you are sure, you hit with it.... every shot you make, increases the risk that the enemy can pinpoint your location. If your target is running, wait ´till he stops, and then take the shot. Aim for the upper body, preferably the head, because then you can take out the target with one shot. If you shoot him and he survives, there´s a change that he can figure out, where the shot came, and then you are in trouble :lol:

If there´s a change that the enemy may have spotted you, change your position... He´ll probably respawn with a scoped rifle, and hunt you down.
Dont do sniping from places that are too obvious.. i mean, in UO map "foy" there´s a high church tower, which would be idal for sniping... that´s the problem... everybody knows that it would be ideal for sniping, and the first place they start looking for snipers, is that tower ;)

Remember, sniper´s worst enemy is another sniper. So when you are in position, looking for targets, keep an eye of all the places enemy snipers might be... windows, bushes,etc...

That should get you started with the wonderfull art of sniping ;)