FIP Session 28 june 2011

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

FIP Session 28 june 2011

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:46 am

Hi soldiers,

Id like to tell ya that i had a verry joyfull Session with the FIP.
Beside the Dutch members FI Brainman, FI bowlingbob, FI DerHelmut FI Deadhand and me there were also Gen0sse, FI Ardmore FI Macca and FI Rules
Gen0sse (bfbc2 nick) joined our ranks a long time ago but can not alway be there because we all now that he is a bussy man.
But there were 4 FIP members: FI Ardmore, FI Macca FI Deadhand and FI RULES who showed up for the first time in teamplay on Battlefiled bad company 2.

This was a big supprise for all the dutch members because we finaly got the long awaited support
So in the heat of the battle there were with 9 FI Soldiers in one game we have never achieved this since Q1 2010 in BFBC2.
We started in a quit sever to do some practice and from there bit by bit other people joined and in a blink of the eye we were in a fight, ok there were some how do i do this or where can i get.....
And of course loads of times the F word but overall it was not bat at all for the first time against experienced players i have to say.

For me personally it was a verry special evening because it feld like the old days with all these well known names together in one session again in this game, and i want to thank all the soldiers to give it a try last night.
The other Dutch members told me that they were supprised too and they almost could not believe their eyes when they joined the session and saw all these familiar names.
I hope that we have the same ejoyable evening next week or earlier and who knows maybe more new recruits.
If ya want to know if some of the fi's are online check the ingame friends list and join them if you like. For new recruits contact me and i will help ya out if there are some problems or if you want a quick tour of duty.

Dutch.,,

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...
:FI:Moog
Forum Junky

Re: FIP Session 28 june 2011

Post by :FI:Moog » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:30 pm

I was there too!

Sort of...

Last night I managed to perform one of, if not the, most stupid and absent-minded feats ever associated with computer gaming:

I bought a game that I already owned. :oops:

After hearing and seeing Dutchman's Battlefield recruitment moxy in full effect on TS and on the forums (which, let's face it, is the reason so many people were playing together, kudos Dutch!), I "booked time off" so I could be online last night to hook right back in with the Platoon. When I jumped on TS and heard you were all playing BFBC2 I made up my mind to buy it immediately on Steam, and hoped it would download fast enough for me to join in.

It didn't. The download took 3 hours. The FIP had disappeared by the time I launched the game so I figured it would be a good chance to check it out, get used to the controls, etc. I found an empty server to get a feel for things without any pressure; the weapons, the vehicles... all was going well until I noticed my joystick's throttle and yaw were reversed in-game. Not to worry, a quick internet search provided the fix.

Great! Okay, joystick is working, I'm getting used to the controls, let's try a different map. Hmmm, this looks familiar, like something from World at War, or Medal of Honor, or any one of those DOZENS of similar FPSs... Nah, I must be imagining it. Wait - this really does look familiar. I'm sure I've played this before, I'm sure I've been on this map. Maybe I played the demo... Nope. Maybe I saw this map being played on my little brother's Xbox...

Nope. Oh dear, I have a sinking feeling... I checked my game DVD boxes one by one and sure enough there it was, a pristine boxed copy of Battlefield Bad Company 2 (limited edition, no less), staring back at me. I could have sworn it was shaking its head and saying, "tut tut" with disapproval.

Granted I didn't die as a result but if I had then there would surely have been a Darwin award in it for me. I actually shudder just thinking about it...

Still, onwards and upwards - semper FI(P)!
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:24 pm

Ohh poor barra
And i have talked to you but we had no response and asked to hook up on Facebook but saw notthing there and lateron in the heat of the fight i have, i realize now,forgotten you were there excusses for that tjeez i feel sorry for yo with the game issue.

Well i' will be on TS or in the gam you can check your ingame friends list
Or sent an invitation to me FI_Dutchman or FI_Bowlingbob
Or search for
:FI:
And they all pop up.
I hope the will is still there after your dissapointment of yesterday.

Dutch.,,

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...
:FI:Moog
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Moog » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:02 pm

Oh dear. Just to rub salt in the wound, BFBC2 is 75% off on Steam today — €7.50 instead of €30!! #-o
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
:FI:Wolfhound
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:10 pm

You can get BF2BC + BF2BC Vietnam +BF2BC SPECACT Kit Upgrade for 9.99 euros as a pack on steam , this offer last only 20 more hours on steam's deal of the day :D " Get them while there hot"
"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:21 am

Hi there,

last few days which included the BFBC2 Sessions were absolutely smashin' and I felt like in the old days;) when we did BF2 with the whole Platoon or even CoD;) BTW - my dad just brought me a cardboard box with some my stuff from home and I found in it he CoD/UO DVD:)

I should've bought BFBC2 via steam instead that origin shyte....

Anywy, next week I'm in for some mudmoving;):):) and cant wait for BF3 (yes, I wanna prone).... But I really missthe Kubra Dam map..and some other maps, and the Special Forces expansion from BF2;) great times they were;)

gotta go as have full house here;)!!

EEEEEEEHHAAAAAA!!!:)

Mac
ImageImageImage