Which COD?

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:ZekeMan
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Which COD?

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Tue May 03, 2005 11:26 pm

Hi All,
I am thinking of picking up Call of Duty but was wanting to know which one to buy. I see the first one and a "United Defense". Which one does the :FI: play, and what patches will I need? COD isn't just a rehashed MOH is it?

Zeke

We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence upon those that would do us harm... James Orwell
:FI:Moog
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Moog » Tue May 03, 2005 11:36 pm

Hey Zeke,

United Offensive is an expansion pack for Call of Duty so you need to have CoD installed before you can play UO. The latest patch is 1.51 and is available from http://www.planetcallofduty.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; with all of the relavent installation information.

The Platoon use CoD and UO and have recently started using a free third-party add-on called GFM or 'German Front Mod' which adds lots of new maps, weapons, vehicles and realistic features.

You're already hooked up on TS so you can ask any of the Toons for help but one other thing you should download is a program called QTracker (http://www.qtracker.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - the d/l link is at the top of the page) - QTracker is a nice little program that lets you connect to Dutchman's (or any) server quickly and easily. Once you configure it the first time with his IP address, you'll be able to see if and when the server is running, who's online at the time, and lots of other stuff.

If you need any more info drop me a PM or else have a chat with me on TS. Talk to you soon mate!

PS: CoD:UO is far superior to MoH - excelent sound, graphics, gameplay... it's a must-have game and is definitely worth the money!! However you should be aware that playing with the Platoon can and will slowly sever all of your ties with the so-called 'real world' ;)
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Wed May 04, 2005 3:51 am

So I buy CoD and then I can download and patch to UO? I sure as heck wouldn't be able to buy both! :shock: The UO that is in stores is just an upgrade, or does it already contain CoD?

Z

We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence upon those that would do us harm... James Orwell
:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

Hi ZekeMan

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Wed May 04, 2005 11:23 am

Unfortunally you need both nowadays,
that means if you want to play on our server.

But there is a special pack out for a long time wich contains both COD+UO ( for real cheap ) thats the base you need for the platoon.

then you got to upgrade to the patch 1.5 and the UO-mappack and since a month the German frontmod (all Free available ) see moog's toppic

but if you pick it up meet me on teamspeak and i'll talk you trough.

so let me know if you are intrested in joining us and i'll sign you up..

at ease Soldier Zekeman.

Dutch..,

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Wed May 04, 2005 6:04 pm

Well, Sir Dutch, I am definitely interested in signing up, things are just going to be a bit more dicey now considering I have to get BOTH games. I got a gift card from my daughter that will cover CoD, but then I would have to finagle the UO upgrade in some manner. Ah the crap I go through for recreation! :cry:

Z

Stovies_
Professional Boardie

Post by Stovies_ » Wed May 04, 2005 7:38 pm

is there not a cod and uo all in one package out now?

I am sure I have seen it somewhere for sale
The Unforseeable

COD + UO

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Thu May 05, 2005 11:01 am

Yep stovies,

you are right,

Dutch wrote
But there is a special pack out for a long time wich contains both COD+UO ( for real cheap ) thats the base you need for the platoon.
so look at the stores for this one zeke..

looking forward to it

Dutch..,

ImageImageImage
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Thu May 05, 2005 6:13 pm

LOL, now all I have to do is wait until it comes to the store that honors my gift card! Are there basic CoD matches we all could play even though I wouldn't have the UO upgrade? Or is it like IL-2 where if you don't have the same version number, forget it?

Z

The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Fri May 06, 2005 1:02 am

yep you can play on many servers with COD only but the FIP server is "patched up" to 1.5 with UO and the GFM runs on it.

but in the meanwhile you can download the folowinf:

GFM (see link on mainpage)
the 1.5 patch for COD and UO (See codfiles on link page)
the UO official mappack.(See codfiles on link page)

If ya need more info then let me know ....

Dutch..,

ImageImageImage
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Fri May 06, 2005 6:04 am

Thanks for the info, sir Dutch. If all goes well I should at least have CoD loaded by the weekend.

Z

Kitty
Postmaster

Post by Kitty » Fri May 06, 2005 1:04 pm

With all the talking about CoD, which I at first wanted nothing to do with I suddenly felt compelled to order CoD deluxe online. It will arrive in a few days if all goes well. If not, I will setup a perimeter around the various shops that sell it and get the game the old fashioned way!

Now, all I need to do is try and cheat my way through bootcamp, break into the armory and take all the best weapons while sabotaging the rest and start shooting!

Or ...

Maybe some of you guys can teach this little stray some lessons on various ways of pulling triggers :D

Oh, as for acceptance in the platoon, bribes in the form of booze is already being deliverd by air transport :P
Chow Meow from Kitty Hawk!
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri May 06, 2005 1:36 pm

Sure we can teach you [TacticalS! starts loading his MP-40], the lesson shouldn't take long at all. :shock: :D

Great Kitty, then the Platoon we have two killer female soliders to teach them there boys a thing or two (plus Helo of course! :lol: ). Up the girl power!

Tact - "of course I would shoot a female with the same enthusiasm" - S!
Kitty
Postmaster

Post by Kitty » Fri May 06, 2005 1:53 pm

:FI:TacticalS! wrote:Sure we can teach you [TacticalS! starts loading his MP-40], the lesson shouldn't take long at all. :shock: :D
Not take long eh? Uhm ... I'm so glad you never had to teach me something before. Or you would not be so willingly to take up this task :P

Just no bunny hopping, bazoka dancing or circle strafing, or I'll have to kill you all, including team mates :P
Chow Meow from Kitty Hawk!
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri May 06, 2005 2:47 pm

"or I'll have to kill you all, including team mates"

You obviously know Rule No. 1 - words to live by! :D

"So the student has [indeed] become the master." If you have become a team killer than obviously I have no more to teach. :badgrin:

Watch your back, and never expect a fair fight from me. :shock:

TactS!
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Fri May 06, 2005 8:02 pm

Woo Hoo! Picked up the 2-game deluxe set for under $40. Going to load it in now. Will try and hook up with the platoon this weekend.

Z