Which COD?

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Don't forget ...

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sat May 07, 2005 3:45 am

...to DL the 1.5 patch, and the German Front Mod.

Not to mention all the GREAT add-ons from Dutch's Site! These are almost essential for UO!

[/url]
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:ZekeMan
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Sat May 07, 2005 7:31 am

Okay, I am a little confused here. I've found a CoD patch v!.5, and a UO patch v1.51. Do I install both, then the German Map Mods? I also noticed four separate icons on my desktop, two for CoD, two for UO. Can these games be played separately? Or has UO overwritten CoD and that is the only one you actually play? (a la PF over AEP over FB).

Z

We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence upon those that would do us harm... James Orwell
Kitty
Postmaster

Whoa, MoH on steriods

Post by Kitty » Sat May 07, 2005 1:51 pm

When Medal of Honour came out I was a great fan of the game and played it for the longest time, including the fun but somewhat short expansion Spearhead. As soon as the game starts rolling there are many of those deja vu moments which reminds you of MoH, and then some.

I was in for a double treat since my new soundcard (audigy 2) arrived today as well, so I could enjoy the game in it's full glory, and boy does it sound gooood. If the sound is all there, the graphics don't matter that much to me anymore (well to a certain extend) but I found the game to be looking good still, but it it's the game play, the immersion that completely knocked me off my chair.

Specially when I tried my first patrol on UO, encountering the 'kraut patrol' and suddenly realizing you're right in the middle of it, front seat row at the front lines and wow what a massive amount of noise as bullets are flying, tanks delivering their deadly loads and I kept trying to converse with my friend sitting two meters away from me and I had to YELL, and even felt the need to duck on rather hard explosion which me of course instantly killed. At least the virtual me :)

It's absolutely brilliant.

Though I too have the same question as Zekeman, seeing that we both have the same version, I like to know what to install exactly :)

update
Ah found the answer myself. Seems that the 1.51 patch for UO also includes the changes of patch 1.5 for CoD, so 1.51 is the only patch we need :) Oh and 1.51b too it seems :)

Also the maps that are listed on the website, do I need to download all of them, or can I just log on and have them download per playtime session?

Also, how can I become a full member of :FI: Platoon, and gain access to the platoon forums?

"Private Martin" Kitty has no more questions at the moment.
Chow Meow from Kitty Hawk!
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Sat May 07, 2005 5:23 pm

There's a v1.5b too?

Z

We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence upon those that would do us harm... James Orwell
Kitty
Postmaster

Post by Kitty » Sat May 07, 2005 8:40 pm

:FI:ZekeMan wrote:There's a v1.5b too?

Z
Ehm sorry, I had a few beers too many when I saw that. It's for the server only.

Sorry for the confusion :S :oops:

ps: is Murphy, Irish red beer truly Irish beer? It's what I've been drinking today :) *hic* It's quite tasty, but doesn't compare to guinness (sold out and the liquer store was closed *frown*)
Chow Meow from Kitty Hawk!
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Sat May 07, 2005 9:05 pm

Well okay, it looks as though the box set I have has the patches already built in. Cool beans. So I guess all I need is the German maps?

I'll be partaking of St. Pauli Girl lager tonight, myself. I've really been thirsty for the German beers as of late.

Z

:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

hi zeke

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Mon May 09, 2005 12:00 pm

The patches:

you need the COD 1.5 patch for COD
the COD/UO 1.5 Patch for UO
and you need the UO-mappack for UO
The 1.5b is a server patch-only as far as i know, so you do not need that one.

The mod:

the German Front mod is a modification for COD/UO which is curently installed on the FIP server. so you need that one too.
see the german front mod link at the main page --> section links.

The server/member search interface:

We use Qtracker to connect to the server and to find your fellow soldiers

go to http://www.qtracker.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and get that one too
qtracker is used for COD/UO like we use hyperlobby for IL2 /FB/PF(only a differend tool but handy)

if you need more info on this, let me know.

Dutch..,
Last edited by :FI:Dutchman on Sun May 15, 2005 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Mon May 09, 2005 6:21 pm

Sir Dutch, I've got the Qtracker downloaded and will install shortly!

Z

The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Sat May 14, 2005 8:20 pm

good get us when we are online

and we fix it right away

ImageImageImage
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Sun May 15, 2005 10:08 am

You may have already mentioned this, but are their any particular days of the week when you guys "officially" gather?

Z

The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Sun May 15, 2005 11:41 am

well Zeke,

almost every day but Tuesday's in particular, because than we practice our
CTT Combat Tactical Training.

for what it is.

oh Yeah like Sir Helo said you can also download the maps on the download section on our site. most of these maps run in a maprotation file on the server or can be called, to play by "call avote" you'll see.

see you

Dutch

ImageImageImage
The Unforseeable

new female soldier ???

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Tue May 17, 2005 10:44 am

Hi kitty,

kitty wrote,
Also, how can I become a full member of :FI: Platoon, and gain access to the platoon forums?
well Kitty read the posts in this toppic adressed to Zekeman, the content of these posts according to you too because it's in the seme period of time. You are also a member to the squadron so if ya wanna sign up to the platoon let me know and I'll fix your loginname and a password for the screenshots/platoon forum section and add you to the platoon as a new member.

see ya

Dutch..,

ImageImageImage
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Wed May 18, 2005 1:08 am

Well I made a vallant attempt to join up with you lads today. When I attempted to join the server thru Qtracker I evidently didn't have the right map, and when I hailed you all on TS no one heard me! :shock: Not sure what the heck was up. I guess there is a map pack or two I still need to get, huh? I got the GFM, what else do I need?

Z

Kcid
Baby Boardie

Post by Kcid » Wed May 18, 2005 9:11 am

Zeke, you need the maps we use.
You can find them in this post, you see a yellow line that says Get Dutch maps herehttp://www.endlager.net/fis/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3991
It's not the bullet that kills you, it's the hole.
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Wed May 18, 2005 10:06 am

LOL, all of those? :p

Z