Re-match

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:29 pm

yes, hear hear!

However, remember Dutchman is off, (presumably his server as well), to Austria for three days.

I think he went to harvest some special edelweiss he was growing in the mountains.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:13 pm

:-$ ...

Falcon, you were not to tell anybody.....

[-X
ImageImageImage
Yeoman
Boardie

Post by Yeoman » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:33 pm

:FI:Moog wrote:Yeoman,

after reading your last post, looking at the medals you guys awarded yourselves on your forum, and recalling some of the snide comments your teammates made during the game, I'm led to believe that you guys may be taking the whole thing a little bit too seriously.

You're entitled to go as far as you like on your own boards by all means (your patriotic graphics are very impressive), but please bear in mind that the FI are far less concerned with who wins or loses, or racks up the most kills, as we are with the intention that as many people as possible have as good a time as possible.

If we decided to win a competition match we would field a team of knee-jerkers who would in all likelyhood crush any and all opposition :badgrin: but to do this would be to undermine the fundamental reason underlying what makes the FI one of the best online communities that there is.

In summary, friendly competition is always welcome but if it's high scores and gloating that you're after please look somewhere else. Or at least keep it to yourselves (far be it from me to tell you what to do on your own turf).

Don't midunderstand me on this. I enjoyed the game. I just suspect that the HG may desire something other than what it is that the FI have to offer.

Play It Cool

-Moog
snide comments - some we proably in that thing ^ that i wrote , but nothing was meant by them , we arnt srious at all im not sure why you think that , its not all about winning , and we dont think we crushed your or kicked ass , even i i said that , id had a grat game with u lot , so iu though id right something , and i couldnt stop , i though i should keep maral high or something like that , so i made it sound more interesting and bias to us , surely thats what everyone would do , no harm in feeling good and like we did really well is there ???

the artwork is by bunty , he just likes doing it so though he would do something like that , it good , very good , but because we have some artwork on the site makes us really serious , and because we've got our faces on our sigs , thats just something carts started off , i think they look good and bunty and carts enjoy doing them , the medals , my dad made them , i didnt ask him to , he just did it for fun and did it about the FI vs HG game , the stats which i do , its not like im really competitive and its a race , but nutter had a stats page on HG's il2 site , so i also did stats for cod , but i dont have a site so i did them on the foum .
so i dont know why you think were too serious about it , and we dont think were better than you guys , i was just amazed how well we dide , and felt like all our games we had , had paid off ,

sorry if i upset you ............
Yeoman
Boardie

Post by Yeoman » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:41 pm

ok , so dutchman is away this sat , and we cant play on 19th and week after so , it looks like its 3 weeks on this sat ?????

i could host but you had some lag last time didnt you , but if you want to give it a shot this sat then that is cool with me ???

ps how do we join dutchmans server , and is it on all the time ????

we may stop bye you never no :)
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:49 pm

Yeoman wrote:ok , so dutchman is away this sat , and we cant play on 19th and week after so , it looks like its 3 weeks on this sat ?????

i could host but you had some lag last time didnt you , but if you want to give it a shot this sat then that is cool with me ???

ps how do we join dutchmans server , and is it on all the time ????

we may stop bye you never no :)
You can join Dutch's server via Qtracker, for instance. It is called Fighting Irish Platoon.This weekend Dutch is away and he brought his server down.3 -weeks - 1st of April?

S!
ImageImageImage
Yeoman
Boardie

Post by Yeoman » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:00 pm

any other ways to find it , we dont have Q-tracker , if not were can we download it ??????????????
:FI:Moog
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Moog » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:19 pm

Just find any post by Dutchman and read his IP address, it's given under his avatar. You can either type this into the CoD console or else store it in Q-Tracker.

Q-Tracker is just a program which basically stores your favourite servers' IP addresses and enables you to check who's online, which map and gametype are running, and other things like without having to start CoD. You can then connect to a particular server directly from Q-Tracker. It also allows you to search for players and server names - very handy if the server IP changes but the name remains the same. I'm in work at the moment and don't have the download link offhand but I'm sure one of the mates will be kind enough to post it, otherwise I'll post it when I get home around 1900GMT tonight.

Yeoman were you drunk when you wrote that post? If so you may have more in common with the FI than you think! ;)
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
:FI:Spitsfire
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:45 pm

good comments guys, think I'l print off moogs post some time and find some time to read it (read on the john :lol: )
Qtracker is CoD and other games hyperlobby type thing :)
when do you host Yeo, I might just pop by :)
Winner of the FIS pink n'shiney,
"Gee winkies! I've been here over a year
and am still completely normal,
pookey-pookey-pookey." Award!
Yeoman
Boardie

Post by Yeoman » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:13 pm

oh im hosting tonight spits for HG's , you can join if you want , infact i could post it here and we could have a HG's ands FI vs HG's and FI game :D
:FI:Spitsfire
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:16 pm

might be there tonight, I'll do my best :)
Winner of the FIS pink n'shiney,
"Gee winkies! I've been here over a year
and am still completely normal,
pookey-pookey-pookey." Award!
Yeoman
Boardie

Post by Yeoman » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:19 pm

Yeoman
Boardie

Post by Yeoman » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:19 pm

oin if u want
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:19 am

you should be able to get Dutchman's Ip address by pinging fipserver.dnsalias.com
CartsGrunt HG

Post by CartsGrunt HG » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:16 pm

Copy of a post from teh HG CoD site....just to let you know we care..... ;) Yeoman..can you please let Moog (and the other FI's) know that the HG's are not quite the uptight stormtroopers we may have led him to believe. Our language and taunts are no worse than when playing our own games and my recollection of the evening was one of mutual respect and great fun. Our scores were irrelevant...I think we were just pleased to have held our own against such strong opposition.
Please assure the FI that it was either , adrenalin, relief or cheap booze that might fuelled any over the top comments...nothing else.
I look forward to the re-match....and I for one won't be looking at the scoreboard...I'll be too busy enjoying the game!
CG .. ..must get back to work!

:D See you in the trenches comrades!
:FI:Moog
Forum Junky

Diplomacy, like flattery...

Post by :FI:Moog » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:28 pm

...will get you far in life :lol:

See you soon HGs!
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...